Menu

Confidentiality issue due to WebSphere?

Help
2009-06-02
2013-04-26
  • Steve Hiller

Steve Hiller - 2009-06-02

Hi All,

First of all, HDIV is a great product. Thanks very much for providing it!

I can't use my Struts 1.3.8 application with confidentiality turned on. Everything else works fine.

I am using HDIV in a WebSphere 6.1 environment. Most of the Struts actions are inherited
    from the Struts DispatchAction. If confidentiality is enabled then the hidden DispatchAction parameter
    called 'method' has its value set to 0 (zero). However, when the associated Struts form is submitted
    the 'method' parameter remains set to 0 rather then being set back to its original value. This results
    in a Struts NoSuchMethodException being thrown.

Any ideas of what might be going wrong?

Thanks,
    Steve

• Roberto Velasco

Roberto Velasco - 2009-07-14

Hi Steve,

Do you have problems only with this parameter or with all request parameters?
      Is the parameter created using struts's hidden custom tag?

Regards,

Roberto

• Steve Hiller

Steve Hiller - 2009-07-15

Thanks for replying Roberto!  I am not sure if there is a problem with the other parameters as the 'method' parameter must work in order for DispatchAction to work. The 'method' parameter does use the Struts' hidden custom tag.

• Roberto Velasco

Roberto Velasco - 2009-07-15

Please verify if other parameters wors fine.

Other question, is this action or parameter (method parameter) defined as start page or in the case of the parameter as start parameter?

We have seen confidentiality problems when the requested url is a start page (see hdiv-config.xml file, userStartParameters and userStartPages spring beans). In this
      case (for example, home page request ) HDIV's filter doesn't processed request object
      and it could be the problem.

Regards,

Roberto