HAVP 0.89 released
- Fix possible retry loop and hang (thanks to Peter Warasin @ endian.it)
- Always send Via: header, fixes some IIS problems (e.g. MSNBC)
- ClamAV library 0.93 support (recompile needed, new option CLAMMAXSCANSIZE)
- CLAMMAXFILESIZE default is now 100MB (so 0.93 even starts scanning big files)
- Fix random seed issue (ClamAV generated some temporary file errors)
- Added DISABLELOCKINGFOR config (fix for ZIP handling in ClamAV 0.93)
- Arcavir version 2008 support (set ARCAVIRVERSION)
- Log scanner errors to errorlog
- Relaxed SSL/CONNECT port limits
(It is _not_ recommended to use --enable-ssl-tunnel, you should use Squid)
HAVP (HTTP Anti-Virus Proxy) is a proxy with a clamav antivirus scanner. The main aims are continuous, non-blocking downloads and smooth scanning of dynamic and password protected homepages. It can be used with squid or standalone.
- DrWeb scanner support
- F-Prot support for v6.0 added (also check FPROTOPTIONS)
- If false, X_FORWARDED_FOR drops also Via: header for privacy
- Fix Avast and AVG bugs
- Templates support <url> and <clientip> tags
- Uses supplementary groups for user if defined
- Added TRICKLINGBYTES config
- Reduced *MAXFILES settings to 50 for performance
- Add missing HTTP methods (MKACTIVITY, CHECKOUT, MERGE)
Kaspersky and F-Prot scanner is now supported.
A configuration file is add to HTTP Anti Virus Proxy.
Improve server pool.
Add new templates.
Fix some minor bugs.
Fix truncated page problem.
HAVP 0.58 released
I finished performance testing and improve performance for large KEEPBACKBUFFER e.g. 100000 Byte. The bottleneck is the hard disk. You should use a fast hard disk or a ramdisk. I will write a HOWTO and put it under Ideas.
HAVP 0.57 will work with Clamav 0.84rc1 or higher!
- Tranparent proxy support
- Parent proxy support
- Fix some bugs (DNS error message, missing headers, Change to nogroup)
HAVP 0.56 does not work with Clamav 0.84rc1 or higher.
No viruses will be detected.
Please do not update.
This will be fixed with HAVP 0.57
Havp is now tolerant for non-compliant HTTP Headers (RFC 1945 - Tolerant Applications).
Change to a different user for security reason.
Havp will handle portnumbers (unequal 80) in request headers.
Havp stops hugh downloads if browser drops connection.
I noticed some Distributions have problems with phtread and hard locking files! I try to figure out why. It works well with SuSE but Mandrake has problems so viruses will not be detected.
I release HAVP 0.54 and switch from phtread to fork. This should work with all distribution. I guess using fork is a better choice.
Please try to detect the eicar virus. If this fails you have to update to HAVP 0.54!!
I'm looking for sombody who can port HAVP to FreeBSD.
IE POST Bug fixed.
Fix Minor Bugs
- Fix wrong virus signature number
- Hardlock check improved.
Add Hardlock check at programm start
Fix POST Bug
Fix bug while scanning some archives (e.g. cab or zip). Version 0.51 will find viruses in archives.
Please uodate to version 0.51
First version of havp.