Psi Mental Damage

Ideas
2004-01-14
2004-02-28
  • rick peplinski
    rick peplinski
    2004-01-14

To make it a little different, it would be nice if psi damage from the mental abilities wasn't affected by sanctuary.  blast, crush, etc.  After all, these abilities have their own defenses.

• per storbeck
      per storbeck
      2004-02-20

They have one defense, which is only available to other psi. Maybe 25% reduction instead of 50%? Dunno.

• rick peplinski
      rick peplinski
      2004-02-21

Gordon and I talked about this, we thought making psychic crush (which is inferior to blast in pretty much any way) go through sanc would be a nice usage for crush.  I'm not actually convinced that in powermudding terms it would still even be better than blast (1 blasts per round, 1 crush every 2 rounds, with chances of stunning, and hitroll, etc etc), but it would at least make it stand out.

• per storbeck
      per storbeck
      2004-02-21

Mmm, well, I dont think you can blast mobs that are >50, whereas you can still crush them. Or disintegrate. So they do have some use, not much, admittedly.

• rick peplinski
      rick peplinski
      2004-02-28

Actually, you can blast level 51+ them all you want, it just does no damage, costs no mana, starts you fighting them, and WAIT_STATE you a round.  Technically it doesn't do no damage, it does however much damage is the default value for an int:

For an IS_IMMORTAL IS_NPC victim, the code is basically:
      int dam;
      damage(ch, victim, dam, SKILL_PSIONIC_BLAST)

Which could be practically anything, whatever is leftover in memory.