Help
Chris
2010-11-12
2012-12-05
  •  Chris
    Chris
    2010-11-12

Hi Guys,

I've "inherited" a HO installed on a Vista (with Oracle) - which doesn't start.
    The output is the following:

C:\Program Files\hammerora-2.4>hammerora.bat

C:\Program Files\hammerora-2.4>set path=.\bin;.\bin;.\bin;.\bin;.\bin;C:\winapp\
    oracle\product\11.2.0\client_1\bin;C:\Windows\system32;C:\Windows;C:\Windows\Sys
    tem32\Wbem

C:\Program Files\hammerora-2.4>START wish85t -file .\hammerora.tcl
    The application has failed to start because its side-by-side configuration is in
    correct. Please see the application event log for more detail.

Please advise, where to find more details because there is no log (or I can't find it) and how to make it work.

Any suggestion is welcomed.

TIA
    Chriss

• Steve Shaw
    Steve Shaw
    2010-11-16

Hi,

This is most likely due to a DLL required by the build that is not present on your system. You should be able to see which file is missing by using the Event Viewer.

http://www.computerperformance.co.uk/vista/vista_event_viewer.htm

Please let me know if the missing file is reported there

Cheers,

Steve

• henry jackson
    henry jackson
    2010-12-14

I am having the same problem with Hammer. It is not starting

• Steve Shaw
    Steve Shaw
    2010-12-14

Please follow the link above to see the event viewer and describe the missing file. Also please detail whether this is a new unaltered install of Vista or whether previous installs and deinstalls of other software could have removed some libraries.

Cheers,

Steve

•  Chris
    Chris
    2010-12-14

hi all.
    MSVC 2008 redist libraries installation solved my problem.

@smshaw - your hint was helpfull - it completelly slipped out og my attention the vent viewer. Thanks a lot!

• Steve Shaw
    Steve Shaw
    2010-12-14

Hi,

Glad the problem was solved and thanks for posting the resolution, could you copy the details in the event viewer into this thread?, it may be possible to include additional libraries in the install package so no further installs are required. The build was tested on XP, Vista and Windows 7 however looking into the problem it appears to be related just to specific versions of Vista (although I'm interested in hearing if there is a problem with the installer starting on other versions of Windows)

Cheers,

Steve