Work at SourceForge, help us to make it a better place! We have an immediate need for a Support Technician in our San Francisco or Denver office.

Close

Seeking Assistance w/ WinRadio G313

Help
Robert
2008-06-13
2013-01-15
  • Robert
    Robert
    2008-06-13

I am attempting to use Hamlib with a WinRadio G313, model 1509.  Before writing code to interface with Hamlib, my first test was to use RIGCTL to verify connectivity.  And this is where I'm having issues.  I receive the following message:

C:\Hamlib>rigctl --model=1509
    g313_init: Unable to LoadLibrary WRG313WO.dll

In looking through the code, the g313.c file is doing exactly what the error states: it cannot load the WRG313WO.DLL file.

----- BEGIN -----
    priv->hWRG313WO=LoadLibrary("WRG313WO.dll");

if(priv->hWRG313WO==NULL)
        {
            rig_debug(RIG_DEBUG_ERR, "%s: Unable to LoadLibrary WRG313WO.dll\n",
                    __FUNCTION__);       
            FreeLibrary(priv->WinMM);
            free(priv);
            return -RIG_EIO;
        }
    ------END---------

The trouble is that I do not have a WRG313WO.DLL file anywhere on my computer.  I have the latest version of WinRadio software, having downloaded it from their web site.  That installs the factory WinRadio application and the WRG313API.DLL file. 

In doing some research, it appears as if the WRG313WO.DLL is for "wave out".  If anyone on the list could please point me to where I could find this file or provide any other guidance, I would greatly appreciate it. 

Thank you.

Bob

• Robert
      Robert
      2008-06-14

Thanks to the power of Internet message boards, I now have a copy of the WRG313WO.dll file and the

rigctl --model=1509

command now starts.  I hear audio, but it's not recognizable.  Does anyone have any ideas as to what is necessary to make this work?  Thanks.

Bob

• Nate Bargmann
      Nate Bargmann
      2008-07-08

Hi Bob.

Simone Stoeppler did the work on the g313 backend.  I received the code and patches from him via the hamlib-developer mailing list.  You may be able to contact him through that list and work to resolve your issue.

73, de Nate >>