loell
2007-12-15
2013-04-23
  • loell
    loell
    2007-12-15

patch file: http://www.mediafire.com/?3m01tedyfmk

hi,

this is probably my third attempt to contribute to gyachi's code and it finally comes through a patch :)

I believe this is an essential facelift for gyachi, basically these are images in png format converted in c source through gdk-pixbuf-csource , many pixmap images are being remapped to a newer artwork.

--drawback
    it seems that there is a memory leak , but i'm not sure, i just don't know how to use valgrind to confirm this , though looking at it , all images are being unref so there should be no leak, right? ;)
    --

I just hope that this patch gets to the main, and perhaps the more expirience devs could look and fix the leak? if indeed there is. ;) 

ps: i did try to submit this in the patch section, but there is a file size constraint on patches, so i just uploaded it on a share host.

• thomas
      thomas
      2007-12-15

loel
      what exactly does this patch do and can you please provide step by step instructions on how to install it? is this the complete gyachi source code which you compile and install or is it something you have to copy to the existing source code or what?

• loell
      loell
      2007-12-15

download the current gyachi source from CVS and download the patch and transfer it to gyachi's parent directory

in the command line, when you type the ls command, you should see

gyachi
      inline_artwork.patch

now to apply the patch, type the command.

patch -p0 <inline_artwork.patch

after the patch is applied, do the normal, ./autogen.sh , ./configure , make , make install   

for compilation.

screenshots of some newer icons

http://img.flashtux.org/img132432f38dcdxc0eb7e09.png

http://img.flashtux.org/img132432f38ebbxec9525e6.png

• thomas
      thomas
      2007-12-17

loel
      i am anxious to try ur new art work but could u please tell me what the gyachi parent directory is so i know where to put the patch i download. i understand the other instructions just dont know what the parent directory is.

• loell
      loell
      2007-12-17

i couldn't explain it any better in my previous post what the parent directory is,

here is what you can do though, can you provide a screenshot of nautilus or your file browser? where you navigate your gyachi folder? that way i can tell the parent directrory where gyachi resides.

• thomas
      thomas
      2007-12-18

loel
      i have no clue how to include a screen shot in the post here but if u give me ur email i will be hapy to send u a screan shot. i have noticed how some people provide links to external sights is there some site i could upload the screan shot to?
      i am using kde 3.97 from a mandriva build and my file manager is dolphin. i download all files i install to /home/thomas/downloads. when i go to /home/thomas/downloads/gyachi there is no directory marked parent directory. should i just put the file in /home/thomas/downloads/gyachi or what?

• loell
      loell
      2007-12-19

well you just told me the parent directory, its /home/thomas/downloads/

put the patch in the downloads directory.

• thomas
      thomas
      2007-12-19

thanks loel i was looking for a directory called parent