Learn how easy it is to sync an existing GitHub or Google Code repo to a SourceForge project! See Demo

Close

Pyremote

Developers
Jeff B
2008-06-06
2012-09-14
  • Jeff B
    Jeff B
    2008-06-06

I am trying to use Pyremote to do a lift height scan. Currently I am turning off feed back by setting the gains to 0 then using DSP_LM to lift 300 nm, but when I execute this code no lift occurs. is there an execute function that I need to use before it actually lifts. Below is the code that I execute. Is this even possible. Thanks for your time

Jeff

import emb
    print "hello Gxsm"
    emb.logev('CI=0, CP=0')
    emb.set ("DSP_CI","0")
    emb.set ("DSP_CP","0")
    emb.logev("Lift Height 3000A")
    emb.set ("DSP_dz","3000")
    emb.logev("Remote Scan Start")
    emb.startscan ()
    emb.logev ("Setpoint -5")
    emb.set("DSP_SetPoint","-5")
    emb.set ("DSP_CI","13")
    emb.set ("DSP_CP","10")
    print "Done."
    emb.logev("Done")

• Percy Zahl
      Percy Zahl
      2008-08-29

Is this still pending problem for you? Sorry, did not get back here for a while...

AW Feedback, you can always set CP=CI=0 via PyRemote.

For a lift mode, I may implement this in a more direct way...

• Jeff B
        Jeff B
        2008-08-30

Hi Percy

Yes this is still a problem. I thought about setting CP=CI=0 via Pyremote, but if I manually set CP=CI=0 then do a lift (with the feedback not disabled) then after the lift is performed the tip approaches the sample. at this point I am not sure if the gains are still 0, I normally get scared and reset the gains. because of this I would assume that setting CP=CI=0 then performing the lift using pyremote would not work, but I'm not sure. Thanks for your time

Jeff

• Percy Zahl
      Percy Zahl
      2008-06-12

Yes, you need to "execute" the DSP_LM, and unfortunately this is not yet hooked up or linked to the pyromte mechanism, but can be done....

• Jeff B
      Jeff B
      2008-06-12

Hi Percy

Is this something that I could do with limited python knowledge? if so could you tell me where I might start. If not how long do you think it will be before this was implemented. Same goes for turning off feedback. Thank you so much for your time.

Jeff