PACscope installation

Yong Lee
2013-10-02
2013-10-17
  • Yong Lee
    Yong Lee
    2013-10-02

Hello,,

I am trying to install PACscope for my MK3-A810 controller.
    I followed the README instructions in the PAC-scope directory, but when I run "PACscope --help", all I get is "PACscope: command not found".
    Can someone tell me exactly how to install the PACscope?

Thanks,
    Yong

• Did you just compile (via "make") it or did you also run a "make install"
    You can run a program not being in the search path by going into the folder and using the prefix ./ - here ./PACscope.

Thorsten :-)

• Yong Lee
    Yong Lee
    2013-10-03

Sorry for the confusion.
    I ran the following scripts:

/SRanger/PAC-scope$ tar xvjf plotmm
    /SRanger/PAC-scope$ cp -r src plotmm/examples/PACscope
    /SRanger/PAC-scope$ cd plotmm
    /SRanger/PAC-scope/plotmm$ ./bootstrap
    /SRanger/PAC-scope/plotmm$ ./configure
    /SRanger/PAC-scope/plotmm$ make -j8

And after the reboot, I went back to /SRanger/PAC-scope/ directory and ran ./PACscope --help.
    All I get is the following response:

bash: ./PACscope: No such file or directory

Yong

• Just try:

cd ~/SRanger/PAC-scope
    sudo ./bootstrap
    cd plotmm/example/PACscope
    ./PACscope --help

I think that you run the wrong bootstrap-script.

• Yong Lee
    Yong Lee
    2013-10-05

Hello Thorsten.

I think I got the PACscope installed now.
    But when I run gxsm2 and look under thr "Feedback & Scan" tab in the SR DSP control menu, I do not see PAC:Exec channels. Is there something I need to do to get those channels to appear under Feedback and Scan tab?
    Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,
    Yong

Last edit: Yong Lee 2013-10-05
  • Yong Lee
    Yong Lee
    2013-10-07

Could it be because my SRanger is assigned to sranger_mk2_1 instead of sranger_mk2_0?
    For some reason my signal ranger board was assinged to sranger_mk_1 although I have only one signal ranger board connected to the computer.
    Is there a way to force the system to assign the board to sranger_mk2_0?

Yong

• Please try to activate expert and Guru mode on the advanced tab. That - I think expert mode would be enough - will display the four channels of the fuzzy mode. You should be able to select here the PAC channels as Input.

About the device sranger_mk2_1: Usually, it should be sranger_mk2_0. You have also the smart piezo Driver from softdb? This will be another sranger_mk being attached and recognized by your computer.

• Yong Lee
    Yong Lee
    2013-10-07

You are right! Enableing expert control showed the four channels.
    I have one more question. How do I use the tuning feature available?
    Clicking on the button does not cause any visual change?
    Oh one more thing. I do not have a smart piezo drive. Could it be a USB keyboard/mouse set that is causing such a device assignment (sranger_mk2_1)? I used this USB keyboard/mouse set during the installtion of Ubuntu.

Thanks,
    Yong

• For some help how to use the PLL, please have a look at the manual provided by softdb. The GXSM frontend is a copy of the Windows based frontend for the PLL.

About the sranger_mk2_1-issue: I do not have any glue. Definetelly, it should not be caused by your mouse or Keyboard.

• Yong Lee
    Yong Lee
    2013-10-08

Thorsten.
    Thank you very much for your suggestions. I have suucessfully set up the PACscope feature. I have one more question. I have used the windows version of SoftdB's PLL software. After tuning a tuning fork, the software automatically transferred relevant parameters such as resonant frequency, quality factors, etc into the PLL settings. Is there a similar feature within Gxsm? It seems that clicking Tuning button does not do anything. I can manually see the tuning process works with the PACscope command in a Linux terminal, though.

Yong

• Percy Zahl
    Percy Zahl
    2013-10-16

Yong, not yet -- I stared digging into some auto gnu fitting libraries... but did not got back to it by now.

Also this whole PAC tool is more a "exploration" and preliminary tool, on long term.... it is going to be included into Gxsm/HwI with more bells and whistles. Little short of time currently to drive it. Any help is very welcome!

• Yong Lee
    Yong Lee
    2013-10-17

Thank you for the update, Percy.
    I can only wish that I can help with the development since I am no good with programming.
    But certainly GXSM, for already what it is, is a wonderful piece of work for anyone in the SPM community. And I definitely appreciate you and others who contributed to the development of GXSM.