I have two gumstixs, one which is working properly running an older kernel, one that is not working properly built from a newer kernel. Both kernels were built from the main branch of the gumstix source tree. I am booting both from sd cards, and swapping sd cards in the gumstix results in the a swap of problematic gumstix.
The issue belongs to the UARTS on my gumstix. I installed setserial to help figure out the problem and have the following output:
/dev/ttyS0, UART: 16654, Port: 0x0000, IRQ:72
/dev/ttyO0, UART: undefined, Port: 0x0000, IRQ: 72
You’ll probably notice the device names are not the same. This is one of the weird things I found when I updated. I don’t know how to change the ttyO0 to ttyS0, not that I think that is the problem. Trying to specify the UART type on the bad gumstix results in :
$setserial /dev/ttyO0 uart 16654
Cannot set serial info: Invalid argument
While that exact same command (on the other gumstix using ttyS0) works without error.
I’m at a loss as to what else to try. I think it must have something to do with improper kernel modules (user space doesn’t show any difference with lsmod).