Hey Jayesh,

I have been eying the Panasonic for some time now, but it's refresh rate and limited color depth had me concerned.  Have you received yours yet?  What do you think

Also, was it easy to hook up?

Thanks for the inputs,

On 5/2/07, Jayesh Salvi <jayeshsalvi@gmail.com> wrote:
I read these posts little late. It's nice to hear that PSP screen + touchscreen will soon be out-of-the-box option. I looked at it for my project, but since no one has yet tried to interface it with gumstix, I dropped the idea. Besides I didn't find a 4.3" touch screen overlay to fit the PSP screen. But for those who are interested, the PSP replacement screens are available on ebay for cheap (about ~38$ + 12$ shipping).

I finally went ahead with Panasonic EDMGRB8KJF LCD+touchscreen from earthLCD for 99$. It is little big (7.8") for my needs, but the wiki has clear instructions for using it.

Thanks,
Jayesh

On 5/1/07, Craig Hughes <craig@gumstix.com> wrote:
For connecting the PSP screen to a gumstix, see the GSMstix here:

<http://pubs.gumstix.com/boards/GSMSTIX/PCB00014-R1448/ >

C

On May 1, 2007, at 4:21 PM, Fabio Miguez wrote:

> Demetris,
>
> Do you have the information on wiring a PSP screen to a gumstix?
> Which gumstix?
>
> Thanks,
>
> On 5/1/07, Demetris Zavorotnichenko < fgcity4652@cytanet.com.cy>
> wrote:
> Oh sorry. You ment to Just have the LCD configured as Portrait. :))
> That wouldn't be hard (if you know what you are doing)
>
> What i ment is that i have the screen rotating as i please together
> with my GUI when i rotate the LCD. So that's a bit tricky :)
>
>
> Demetris Z.
>
>
> ----- Original Message -----
> From: Demetris Zavorotnichenko
> To: General mailing list for gumstix users.
> Sent: Wednesday, May 02, 2007 2:14 AM
> Subject: Re: [Gumstix-users] Nice LCD
>
> I have been able to do that but it not as simple as it seems since
> when you rotate the LCD you actually rearrange the entire GUI so
> that takes allot of work to solve :)
>
>
> Demetris Z.
>
>
> ----- Original Message -----
> From: zigzagjoe
> To: General mailing list for gumstix users.
> Sent: Wednesday, May 02, 2007 2:07 AM
> Subject: Re: [Gumstix-users] Nice LCD
>
> I really like this LCD (LS037V7DW01) as well and wanted to use it
> in my project, but I've been unable to find a distributor that
> doesn't sell only in bulk.
>
> Provided I managed to obtain one of these displays, would it be
> reasonably easy to rotate (in software, presumably)? (the display
> is 480*640 portrait, I'ld like to use it in landscape)
>
> ziggy
>
> On 5/1/07, Demetris Zavorotnichenko < fgcity4652@cytanet.com.cy> wrote:
> I don't want to get anyone excited yet, i am thinking on using the
> LS037V7DW01Since it has Touchscreen, LED Backlight and it's pretty
> cheap (128$).
>
> So when i am done with that one (i have some lying around) i will
> post it on the WIKI.
>
> The PSP LCD solution doesn't look promising since it costs to much
> and to be honest it's a bit larger that what i need.
>
>
> Demetris Z.
>
>
> ----- Original Message -----
> From: Fabio Miguez
> To: General mailing list for gumstix users.
> Sent: Tuesday, May 01, 2007 11:27 PM
> Subject: Re: [Gumstix-users] Nice LCD
>
> Hi Demetris,
>
> I am interested, please do share! :).
>
>
> On 5/1/07, Demetris Zavorotnichenko < fgcity4652@cytanet.com.cy >
> wrote:
> Never Mind the last Question. I already interfaced it :))
>
> I can even give Scematic Connections if anyone is interrested.
>
>
> Demetris Z.
>
>
> ----- Original Message -----
> From: Craig Hughes
> To: General mailing list for gumstix users.
> Sent: Tuesday, May 01, 2007 10:28 PM
> Subject: Re: [Gumstix-users] Nice LCD
>
> On May 1, 2007, at 12:09 PM, Demetris Zavorotnichenko wrote:
>
>> Also there is something Funny.
>>
>> The Sharp LCD is costing about 100 - 230 $ where the PSP
>> Replacement LCD is about 68$ with the Backlight Included.
>
> Yeah, sourcing these things at a reasonable price has not been
> easy, and it's not been readily obvious why the price differential
> between ebay sellers and "real" distributors is so steep.  Some of
> the difference I think is because Sharp makes a number of almost-
> identical screens; some use 2.5V logic, some use 3.3V.  Some are
> RoHS-compliant and some are not...
>
> Oh, and I think the distributor we did find in the end won't do
> small qty sales -- so you might not be able to get them at all
> unless you're buying a few hundred at a time.
>
> C
>
>
>
> ----------------------------------------------------------------------
> ---
> This SF.net email is sponsored by DB2 Express
> Download DB2 Express C - the FREE version of DB2 express and take
> control of your XML. No limits. Just data. Click to get it now.
> http://sourceforge.net/powerbar/db2/
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> gumstix-users mailing list
> gumstix-users@lists.sourceforge.net
> https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/gumstix-users
>
>
>
> ----------------------------------------------------------------------
> ---
> This SF.net email is sponsored by DB2 Express
> Download DB2 Express C - the FREE version of DB2 express and take
> control of your XML. No limits. Just data. Click to get it now.
> http://sourceforge.net/powerbar/db2/
> _______________________________________________
> gumstix-users mailing list
> gumstix-users@lists.sourceforge.net
> https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/gumstix-users
>
>
>
>
> --
> Fabio Miguez
>
>
> ----------------------------------------------------------------------
> ---
> This SF.net email is sponsored by DB2 Express
> Download DB2 Express C - the FREE version of DB2 express and take
> control of your XML. No limits. Just data. Click to get it now.
> http://sourceforge.net/powerbar/db2/
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> gumstix-users mailing list
> gumstix-users@lists.sourceforge.net
> https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/gumstix-users
>
>
>
> ----------------------------------------------------------------------
> ---
> This SF.net email is sponsored by DB2 Express
> Download DB2 Express C - the FREE version of DB2 express and take
> control of your XML. No limits. Just data. Click to get it now.
> http://sourceforge.net/powerbar/db2/
> _______________________________________________
> gumstix-users mailing list
> gumstix-users@lists.sourceforge.net
> https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/gumstix-users
>
>
>
>
> ----------------------------------------------------------------------
> ---
> This SF.net email is sponsored by DB2 Express
> Download DB2 Express C - the FREE version of DB2 express and take
> control of your XML. No limits. Just data. Click to get it now.
> http://sourceforge.net/powerbar/db2/
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> gumstix-users mailing list
> gumstix-users@lists.sourceforge.net
> https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/gumstix-users
>
>
>
>
> ----------------------------------------------------------------------
> ---
> This SF.net email is sponsored by DB2 Express
> Download DB2 Express C - the FREE version of DB2 express and take
> control of your XML. No limits. Just data. Click to get it now.
> http://sourceforge.net/powerbar/db2/
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> gumstix-users mailing list
> gumstix-users@lists.sourceforge.net
> https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/gumstix-users
>
>
>
> ----------------------------------------------------------------------
> ---
> This SF.net email is sponsored by DB2 Express
> Download DB2 Express C - the FREE version of DB2 express and take
> control of your XML. No limits. Just data. Click to get it now.
> http://sourceforge.net/powerbar/db2/
> _______________________________________________
> gumstix-users mailing list
> gumstix-users@lists.sourceforge.net
> https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/gumstix-users
>
>
>
>
> --
> Fabio Miguez
> ----------------------------------------------------------------------
> ---
> This SF.net email is sponsored by DB2 Express
> Download DB2 Express C - the FREE version of DB2 express and take
> control of your XML. No limits. Just data. Click to get it now.
> http://sourceforge.net/powerbar/db2/
> _______________________________________________
> gumstix-users mailing list
> gumstix-users@lists.sourceforge.net
> https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/gumstix-users


-------------------------------------------------------------------------
This SF.net email is sponsored by DB2 Express
Download DB2 Express C - the FREE version of DB2 express and take
control of your XML. No limits. Just data. Click to get it now.
http://sourceforge.net/powerbar/db2/
_______________________________________________
gumstix-users mailing list
gumstix-users@lists.sourceforge.net
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/gumstix-users


-------------------------------------------------------------------------
This SF.net email is sponsored by DB2 Express
Download DB2 Express C - the FREE version of DB2 express and take
control of your XML. No limits. Just data. Click to get it now.
http://sourceforge.net/powerbar/db2/
_______________________________________________
gumstix-users mailing list
gumstix-users@lists.sourceforge.net
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/gumstix-users




--
Fabio Miguez