Hi Opher

Nice! I'm happy that I could help.

Cheers
Rasmus

2007/12/17, opher <opher@totempls.co.il>:

Hi Rasmus

I finily got the ext2 module running, the only missing command in your
instruction was
rm arch/arm/boot/compressed/vmlinux

thanks a lot

Opher


Rasmus Kjeldsen wrote:
>
> Hi Opher
>
> Do:
>
> cd <gumstix-buildroot>
> cd build_arm_nofpu
> cd linux-<the version of linux you're using>
> make ARCH=arm menuconfig
>
> Choose "File sustems"
> Choose "Second extended fs support" (so an "M" appears)
> Maybe choose "Ext3 journalling file system support", if you like
>
> Recompile (type "make" in the gumstix-buildroot)
>
> Find the ext2.ko file in
> gumstix-buildroot/build_arm_nofpu/root/lib/modules/<linux
> version>/kernel/fs/ext2
>
> copy the ext2.ko file to your gumstix in /lib/modules/<linux
> version>/kernel/fs/ext2
>
> then modprobe ext2
>
> To see the modules you have loaded:
>
>> lsmod
>
>
>
> Cheers
> Rasmus
>
>
>
> 2007/12/13, opher <opher@totempls.co.il>:
>>
>>
>> Hi Rasmus
>>
>> I add the option of e2fsprogs to the kernel but still I don't have the
>> module loaded, can you help me with this
>>
>>
>> thanks
>> Opher
>>
>> Rasmus Kjeldsen wrote:
>> >
>> > Hi Opher
>> >
>> > Do you have the ext2 module loaded?
>> >
>> >> modprobe ext2
>> >> mount /dev/hda1 /mnt/cf -o noatime
>> >
>> > -o noatime is a good idea, less writing to the CF.
>> >
>> > I can recommend to use ext3, I just had a pretty nasty file system
>> crash
>> > on
>> > my ext2  file system on my CF card , because I forgot to unmount it
>> during
>> > a
>> > reboot.
>> >
>> > Cheers
>> > Rasmus
>> >
>> >
>> >
>> >
>> > 2007/12/12, opher < opher@totempls.co.il>:
>> >>
>> >>
>> >> Hello All
>> >>
>> >> I can mount CF card when it is formated as FAT, when I format the CF
>> card
>> >> as
>> >> ext2 it is not mount. does any one have any idea about it?
>> >>
>> >> thanks
>> >> Opher
>> >> --
>> >> View this message in context:
>> >>
>> http://www.nabble.com/cf-card-mounting-as-ext2-format-tp14294475p14294475.html
>> >> Sent from the Gumstix mailing list archive at Nabble.com.
>> >>
>> >>
>> >>
>> -------------------------------------------------------------------------
>> >> SF.Net email is sponsored by:
>> >> Check out the new SourceForge.net Marketplace.
>> >> It's the best place to buy or sell services for
>> >> just about anything Open Source.
>> >> http://sourceforge.net/services/buy/index.php
>> >> _______________________________________________
>> >> gumstix-users mailing list
>> >> gumstix-users@lists.sourceforge.net
>> >> https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/gumstix-users
>> >>
>> >
>> >
>> -------------------------------------------------------------------------
>> > SF.Net email is sponsored by:
>> > Check out the new SourceForge.net Marketplace.
>> > It's the best place to buy or sell services for
>> > just about anything Open Source.
>> > http://sourceforge.net/services/buy/index.php
>> > _______________________________________________
>> > gumstix-users mailing list
>> > gumstix-users@lists.sourceforge.net
>> > https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/gumstix-users
>> >
>> >
>>
>> --
>> View this message in context:
>> http://www.nabble.com/cf-card-mounting-as-ext2-format-tp14294475p14311481.html
>> Sent from the Gumstix mailing list archive at Nabble.com.
>>
>>
>> -------------------------------------------------------------------------
>> SF.Net email is sponsored by:
>> Check out the new SourceForge.net Marketplace.
>> It's the best place to buy or sell services
>> for just about anything Open Source.
>>
>> http://ad.doubleclick.net/clk;164216239;13503038;w?http://sf.net/marketplace
>> _______________________________________________
>> gumstix-users mailing list
>> gumstix-users@lists.sourceforge.net
>> https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/gumstix-users
>>
>
> -------------------------------------------------------------------------
> SF.Net email is sponsored by:
> Check out the new SourceForge.net Marketplace.
> It's the best place to buy or sell services
> for just about anything Open Source.
> http://ad.doubleclick.net/clk;164216239;13503038;w?http://sf.net/marketplace
> _______________________________________________
> gumstix-users mailing list
> gumstix-users@lists.sourceforge.net
> https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/gumstix-users
>
>

--
View this message in context: http://www.nabble.com/cf-card-mounting-as-ext2-format-tp14294475p14370177.html
Sent from the Gumstix mailing list archive at Nabble.com.


-------------------------------------------------------------------------
SF.Net email is sponsored by:
Check out the new SourceForge.net Marketplace.
It's the best place to buy or sell services
for just about anything Open Source.
http://ad.doubleclick.net/clk;164216239;13503038;w?http://sf.net/marketplace
_______________________________________________
gumstix-users mailing list
gumstix-users@lists.sourceforge.net
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/gumstix-users