Best quality mp3 decoder

Ray
2013-01-23
2013-04-15
  • Ray
    Ray
    2013-01-23

I am an audiophile and have been looking for the best splitter / decoder to playback mp3 songs. I recently determined that the best sound quality  is in MPC 6.4.8.6 (better than all newer versions of MPC, better than Foobar2000, KMPlayer, GOMPlayer, Imesh, Winamp…). The quality of the the mp3 splitter/decoder has gone down since that release. I am trying to extract the splitter file  (mpasplitter.ax ) and the decoder file (mpadecfilter.ax) as this version did not come with stand-alone filters. The versions available for download on sourceforge are later builds that have inferior quality. Reason I want to extract them is to be able to use them to decode mp3s in other directshow players. Have tried to use 7-Zip, Winrar,….. but did not work.

Could anyone please please extract them and upload them or send them to me? My email address is aquamarinebeach@yahoo.com

Thank you.

Regards,
    Ray

• AXY
    AXY
    2013-01-23

audiophils do not listen mp3!
    Audiofils listen SACD ISO rips, like
    rutracker.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3925278
    DTS-HD rips like
    rutracker.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1897247
    at the worst APE, FLAC, TTA, but never mp3, forget this shit!

• Ray
    Ray
    2013-01-23

Well cheap Audiophiles like me do - I do listen to songs in the other formats - but most songs are not available in those formats. Mp3 is still the norm and if you have  high quality mp3 decoders and a good amplifier and speaker system, you would be surprised of how good they can sound.

Are you computer savvy enough to help out extract the files though? Although I appreciate your comment, it was not helpful.

Regards

• Ray
    Ray
    2013-01-23

Haha, come to think of it, your comment was actually helpful - at least I now know I am not alone on this board:)