Learn how easy it is to sync an existing GitHub or Google Code repo to a SourceForge project! See Demo

Close

Right click-->Subtitles option greyed out!

Help
jakobkraft
2008-04-29
2013-05-08
  • jakobkraft
    jakobkraft
    2008-04-29

Why is Right click--> Subtitles option ALWAYS greyed out? I'm using VMR9, though I've tried every other mode with just a regular DVD in my drive. I can NEVER select the Right click-->Subtitles option. I can only select Right click-->Navigate-->Subtitle Language-->Enabled...but that just gives me the embedded subtitles on the DVD, which I never like. Looking more for a smaller, Closed Caption type of support, like you get with PowerDVD.
    ANy help would be greatly appreciated -- thanks in advance!

• lordebon
      lordebon
      2008-05-10

I've never used the Subtitles option on the right click menu. What I've used is Right Click -> Filters -> DirectVobSub. The subtitles are stored in .srt files in a relatively simple-to-understand format. Example:

00:00:42,275 --> 00:00:45,210
      [Bell Rings]

Which says the first subtitle (#1), the from --> to times (in hh:mm:ss,msmsms where msmsms is miliseconds), and then what you actually want for the subtitle. Then a blank line, increment the #, and etc.

I prefer these over the ones over built-in subtitles, but I've never used them with DVDs before (only ripped files).