Learn how easy it is to sync an existing GitHub or Google Code repo to a SourceForge project! See Demo

Close

mpc doesn't work with multiple monitors

Help
2008-03-05
2013-05-08
  • M van Kleef
    M van Kleef
    2008-03-05

Hello,

I have a setup of 1 normal primary monitor and 3 NECWT610 projectors/monitors all connected to a single PC with 2 nVidia Quatro FX570 graphics cards (so that's 4 DVI outputs, 1 for each monitor). I have set up all monitors for dual view, all with the same resolution and refresh rate. I can use other Windows applications accros all monitors without any trouble. Media Player Classic however doesn't play anything for the 3 projectors. It plays fine on the normal primary monitor, but it won't play on any of the projectors. I am using the following syntax to start a movie:
    mplayerc <localmoviepath> /new /fullscreen /play /monitor [1-4]
    Is this a shortcoming of Media Player Classic? Am I using incompatible command line switches? Does anything else look suspicious? Please help.

• bsimecek
      bsimecek
      2008-05-11

Your command line looks good.  You may want to try to encase the PATH\mplayerc.exe in quotes along with localmoviepath in it's own set of quotes.  I have seen different issues with this on windows based systems.  I have tested this command line on my own system (dual monitor and both work simutaneously)...

"C:\Program Files\K-Lite Codec Pack\Media Player Classic\mplayerc.exe" /new /fullscreen /play /monitor 2 "c:\Show2.avi"

"C:\Program Files\K-Lite Codec Pack\Media Player Classic\mplayerc.exe" /new /fullscreen /play /monitor 1 "c:\Show.avi"

If creating a sendto link, you can just leave off the "c:\Show.avi" part, and the app will figure things out right.  This is usually the easiest way to call the long command lines.