Help
lionguy
2009-09-23
2013-05-08
  • lionguy
    lionguy
    2009-09-23

Hi Everyone,

I viewed a video today using windows media player 11.  Whoever encoded it did not do it right because it was originally 16:9 and he compressed the Aspect Ratio into 4:3.  So I used media player classic to view it and told it to temporarily override the aspect ratio to 16:9 for now.  That worked fine but for some reason, now every DirectShow player I use now has its aspect ratio messed up (as in its heavily compressed horizontally) whenever I play any video content.  I can temporarily fix it in MPC by telling it to override the screwed up aspect ratio, but the aspect ratio in every other player of mine doesnt work properly anymore.  Any Ideas? 

Its also worth mentioning that I have a fresh install of XP SP3 and everything worked fine until I told MPC to override the aspect ratio in that one video.  I have the latest version of XP Codec pack and Xvid installed.

• burattino
    burattino
    2009-11-01

Hi, lion_guy!
    I know your problem. Just 1 suggestion: what U think if U convert Your video to Matroska using MKVToolnix? Last version available! There is an option where U may force Aspect Ratio (U may choose fixed like 16:9, 4:3 or even put a float value like 3.14159). After that U must restore default setting in your media and JUST take plaesure from a nice picture!!! It will go in correct SAR on all media players!