Work at SourceForge, help us to make it a better place! We have an immediate need for a Support Technician in our San Francisco or Denver office.

Close

MPC hangs on file load

Help
2010-07-10
2013-05-08
  • Hello all. I am using MPC  on windows 1.3.1249.0 on Windows XP, and it works great most of the time, but certain files will load, display the total runtime accurately, display "Playing" status, and then hang. The program is still responsive - menus can be accessed, buttons pressed, and the program can be exited cleanly - but the video will not play. No video, no audio and the time counter doesn't advance. The problem occurs across three different computers running slightly different versions of windows XP - one service pack 2 with no updates, another SP2 with all windows updates and a last one SP3.

Pressing the stop button and then the play button reliably causes the player to segfault in the module "qdvd.dll" as does altering the playback speed. The same video file plays fine in VLC media player and a file with the exact same codecs according to MPC works fine in MPC itself. I've tried searching google but came up with nothing relevant, so if anyone has any ideas please let me know! Thanks.

• Steve
    Steve
    2010-08-23

Identical problem.  Checked with GSpot and all looks good: Video 'DX50 DivX 5.2.1 (DrDivX106) Codec(s) are installed'; audio '0x0055 MPEG "2.5" Layer 3 Codec(s) are installed'.

Any advice?  Yes please!