Learn how easy it is to sync an existing GitHub or Google Code repo to a SourceForge project! See Demo

Close

mpc wont play anything -crashes everytime

Help
woodlouse
2005-06-19
2013-05-08
  • woodlouse
    woodlouse
    2005-06-19

MPC used to work fine now it crashes when I open any media file with the message:
    "Media player Classic has encountered a problem and needs to close...etc"
    The error signature window displays the following:

AppName: mplayerc.exe     AppVer: 6.4.8.4     ModName: dcdspfilter.ax
    ModVer: 0.9.2.0     Offset: 000028db
    Please help me to get MPC working again

• r3pl1cat0r
      r3pl1cat0r
      2005-06-20

Unregister that DC-DSP filter.

• Tee Bee
        Tee Bee
        2007-01-25

I'm having the exact same problem, with the exact same error message and info. I'd like to follow your advice but I don't know how to--how DOES one unregister a DC-DSP filter? When I go into Options-->Internal Filters I don't see that filter to uncheck. And there's nothing listed under External Filters. Is it a registry thing? Can you please tell me how to go about this unregistering?

• krs
      krs
      2007-04-22

I had the same problem with the same error message about dcdspfilter.ax - and did the following:

In WindowsXP, I clicked  Start / Run  and entered    Regsvr32 /u C:\WINDOWS\system32\dcdspfilter.ax     and then hit enter.

A popup window came up telling me that dcdspfilter.ax was unregistered successfully.  Then I opened MPC and presto, my videos play again :-)

You can find info on Regsvr32 at the microsoft site here: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/249873

(remember you need the  /u  option otherwise it doesn't unregister the file!)

Cheers and good luck!

• John
      John
      2007-07-11

My MPC v: 6.4.9.0 suddenly locks up when I click the FILE menu.  This started with 6.4.8.8 and I downloaded the latest and greatest.  All the other Menus are operative.  There is no error report.  I have to terminate with Task Mgr.

Ideas anyone?