Learn how easy it is to sync an existing GitHub or Google Code repo to a SourceForge project! See Demo

Close

MPC plays stereo but not quad

Help
gridsleep
2011-01-31
2013-05-08
  • gridsleep
    gridsleep
    2011-01-31

I use MPC Classic (Home Cinema won't allow me to choose my Hauppauge TV card video and audio pipelines) in a quad AMD DFI system with Realtech High Definition Audio and Logitech quad speaker system with extrapolated bass (only two connections front and rear) all under Windows XP64.  Even when setting MPC up for 4 speakers, it still plays through only the two front speakers.  I have noticed web plugins, video and audio, only play through the two fronts.  Yet, when I play a video game or music through Winamp, those play with stunning clarity through all four speakers.  It has to be a software problem.  I did a search to see if anyone else had this problem, and the results showed nothing similar, but if this has already been posted and answered, my apologies.  I would very much like to get the full surround effect when I am watching TV or DVD.  Getting surround when selecting some web medium would be nice also.  Thanks to anyone who offers information.