Full screen mode

Help
ungajava
2010-07-17
2013-05-08
  • ungajava
    ungajava
    2010-07-17

One day I was typing a message to someone, but the attention was on the MPC window. So the keystrokes went to it. Apparently some hotkey or shortcut caused it to go to full screen immediately and refused any input from the keyboard and mouse. The only way to leave the window was to press Alt-F4 many times and it will finally close.  When I start a new video in a new window, it will immediately go full screen and act the same way. I'm sure it's something simple. But any help would be appreciated.

• Tim
    Tim
    2010-07-17

I don't think there's a shortcut key that permanently sets full-screen mode, but Alt+Enter or double clicking the video toggles full-screen while it's playing, and you should be able to right click and get a menu even in full-screen mode.  There is a setting in the options that controls whether files open in full-screen.  Hit O to go into the options, select Player on the left and look for "Launch files in fullscreen".  I'm guessing yours is checked.

• ungajava
    ungajava
    2010-07-18

Right click does nothing, left click only pauses and resumes the video. Esc, Ctrl-Esc, Alt-Enter, windows key, all do not respond. The only keyboard strokes it will take is Alt-F4. I can't get to a menu while the video is playing because if I open the program it goes to full screen.

• Tim
    Tim
    2010-07-18

So were you able to check that option?  If not, what about just starting MPC without playing a file?  Most key shortcuts and mouse clicks are configurable in the Keys panel of the options.  Unless you've tweaked those, or MPC got installed with that stuff preconfigured, I'm not sure why none of that stuff works.  Perhaps you're running Media Player Classic Home Cinema?  I've never used that one, but if so, you need to check on its site and not here, becase this site is for the original MPC which has not been updated since 2006/07.

• ungajava
    ungajava
    2010-07-18

Ok, I did check the options, but nothing seemed relevant. I was only able to access the menu without opening it by a video file. But yes, it is Media Player Classic Home Cinema. I'm sorry if I wasted your time, I really appreciate the help! I will install the real MPC. Thank you so much.

• ungajava
    ungajava
    2010-07-18

I just got the newest MPC. This is the MPC I know and love. I didn't realize it had changed. I'm sorry and thanks again!

• Tim
    Tim
    2010-07-18

No need to apologize.  I'm glad I was able to at least help you get the program you're running sorted out. :-)  If you're looking to stick with the original MPC, even though this project hasn't been updated in a while, there is a project a lot closer to the original that is maintained by the user "clsid2" at the link below.  The latest one there is actually the one I use.

http://guliverkli2.sourceforge.net/