TCPIP Control

Dennis
2008-12-14
2013-05-08
  • Dennis
    Dennis
    2008-12-14

I want to be able to send from a PLC via TCPIP a control code to start and stop the media player. I see a web interface and have captured the data to see what is sent. Along with the HTTP commands are the control code wn-comand=887&submit=Go%21.

If i send this command via hyperterm to the address and port of the media player, nothing happens, As I missing something here??

• Tim
      Tim
      2008-12-14

It's a web server, so you need to send the HTTP commands along with the control codes, just like you saw your web browser do.

• Dennis
        Dennis
        2008-12-14

thanks, then it not any use to me as
        I am not about to use a web browser to control the player. I need for it to except a trigger via tcpip which is sent remotelyr . Will go back to my orginal plans, thought it may have been smart enough to be listening for commands without all the overheads. Any idea if I can use a TCPIP to serail package (eg TCP-COM and except as a serail command ??

• Tim
          Tim
          2008-12-14

I don't know any of the technical aspects, just that it says it's a web interface right there in the options, and it works in a web browser.  So it stands to reason that no matter what you want to use, it'll have to be converted to HTTP commands for it to work.

• Dennis
            Dennis
            2008-12-15

Yes, and if you capture the transmission you will see all the HTTP coding as required by this interface, I am only able to send a single string of code, eg wn_command-887XXXXXXXX.