Work at SourceForge, help us to make it a better place! We have an immediate need for a Support Technician in our San Francisco or Denver office.

Close

boot ELIVE from ISO

Benny
2010-03-04
2013-02-08
  • Benny
    Benny
    2010-03-04

I used:
    - USB drive 1GB
    - gujin 2.8.1 installed on it
    - ISO image downloaded from http://www.elivecd.org/
    - In order to avoid problems with names, filename lenght I renamed the image to ELIVE.ISO
    - gujin found the iso file and loaded it
    - I added to the command line "fromiso=ELIVE.ISO" and fired
    I am writing this thread from the booted elive.

benny

• Benny
    Benny
    2010-03-04

for precision sake I noticed that on elive site a new version is available. the one I successfully tested is 1.9.56. Hopefully also 2.0 will be ok
    benny

• Now with 2.8.2, elive can be booted as soon as elive*.iso is detected, just add to a gujin.cmd:
    # File elive_2.0_Topaz_new-kernel_up001.iso fsname "Elive 2010-03-03" internal directory "/boot"
    # Accept any ISOFS label starting with "Elive"
    :Elive*:vmlinuz-2.6.30.9-elive-686:initrd.img-2.6.30.9-elive-686::Elive Normal Mode:boot=eli resolution
    :Elive*:vmlinuz-2.6.30.9-elive-686:initrd.img-2.6.30.9-elive-686::Elive Graphical Problems:boot=eli hardscreen
    # For those two accept any kernel starting with "vmlinuz", and accept the default initrd automagically
    # found by Gujin; and display in the menu the string "(2.6.30.9)":
    :Elive*:vmlinuz*:::Elive No Bluetooth (*):boot=eli resolution nobluetooth
    :Elive*:vmlinuz*:::Elive No Mount Partitions Automatically (*):boot=eli resolution nomount