Work at SourceForge, help us to make it a better place! We have an immediate need for a Support Technician in our San Francisco or Denver office.

Close

RDP graphics problem with Terminal Server 2008

Help
2013-10-14
2013-10-25
  • I have guacamole 0.8.3 installed and working great with VNC. I tried setting it up RDP and when connecting to a Windows 8 desktop, everything works fine. However, connecting to my Windows 2008 Terminal Server terminal session, I get strange graphics corruption. The connection works and the desktop is usable, but it doesn't seem to refresh properly when windows are moved or scrolled. Artifacts are left behind and don't go away unless I right click on the desktop and select Refresh or drag something else over them.

I tried connecting with xfreerdp and everything works fine. I tried changing color-depth and that had no effect. I'm using freerdp-1.0.2 and a CentOS server.

Any idea what is causing guacamole to not refresh properly with the terminal server but work fine against Windows 8?

• Michael Jumper
    Michael Jumper
    2013-10-25

This is the first I've heard of such a bug.

Is it only freerdp-1.0.2 + Guacamole? Do you see the same with freerdp-1.0.1 + Guacamole?