Ellis C
  • Ellis C
    Ellis C

I am faced with a problem when trying to update pom.xml to add guacamole by steps in the manual chapter 16.

I try to add an overlay containing guacamole-common-js,and then maven build the project.

And eclipse shows the bulid failure as follows:
    [INFO] Scanning for projects...
    [WARNING] Some problems were encountered while building the effective model for org.glyptodon.guacamole:guacamole-tutorial:war:0.8.0
    [WARNING] 'build.plugins.plugin.version' for org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-war-plugin is missing. @ line 50, column 12
    [WARNING] It is highly recommended to fix these problems because they threaten the stability of your build.
    [WARNING] For this reason, future Maven versions might no longer support building such malformed projects.
    [INFO] ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    [INFO] Building guacamole-tutorial 0.8.0
    [WARNING] The POM for org.glyptodon.guacamole:guacamole-common-js:zip:0.7.0 is missing, no dependency information available
    [INFO] Total time: 0.659s
    [INFO] Finished at: Tue Oct 01 13:50:34 ADT 2013
    [INFO] Final Memory: 6M/120M
    [ERROR] Failed to execute goal on project guacamole-tutorial: Could not resolve dependencies for project org.glyptodon.guacamole:guacamole-tutorial:war:0.8.0: Failure to find org.glyptodon.guacamole:guacamole-common-js:zip:0.7.0 in was cached in the local repository, resolution will not be reattempted until the update interval of central has elapsed or updates are forced -> [Help 1]
    [ERROR] To see the full stack trace of the errors, re-run Maven with the -e switch.
    [ERROR] Re-run Maven using the -X switch to enable full debug logging.
    [ERROR] For more information about the errors and possible solutions, please read the following articles:
    [ERROR] [Help 1]

How to deal with this problem?

BTW,I am trying to replace http protecol by websocket under client.xhtml.

I find this part:
    // If WebSocket available, try to use it.
    if (window.WebSocket)
    tunnel = new Guacamole.ChainedTunnel(
    new Guacamole.WebSocketTunnel("websocket-tunnel"),
    new Guacamole.HTTPTunnel("tunnel")
    // If no WebSocket, then use HTTP.
    tunnel = new Guacamole.HTTPTunnel("tunnel")

Why need to open httptunnel when using websocket?
    So how to use pure websocket to transfer data in javascript part?
    Any suggestion?

Last edit: Ellis C 2013-10-01
  • Michael Jumper
    Michael Jumper

I think there is a typo in the manual - the only version of guacamole-common-js within the central Maven repository and under org.glyptodon.guacamole is 0.7.4:

As for WebSocket - Guacamole only has extremely experimental support for WebSocket, and does not actually use WebSocket for connections. HTTP so far provides the most throughput and is more widely supported among servlet containers.

That initial check for WebSocket only makes a difference if the experimental WebSocket support plugin is in place, which won't be the case on any stable deployment currently.