Menu

Can't make the CTRL key work in RDP

Help
2013-08-13
2014-01-16
  • Luca Ferrario

Luca Ferrario - 2013-08-13

Hi!
    I use Guacamole 0.8.2 to connect via RDP to a Windows 2008 R2. Everything on the keyboard works perfectly (including accented Italian chars, SHIFT, MAIUSC, etc...), but the CTRL key (both of them) do not.
    Even if I bring up the virtual keyboard using CTRL+ALT+SHIFT and I use the mouse to press the virtual CTRL and then the letter Z, I can't make "CTRL+Z" work...the CTRL is completely ignored and a Z is sent to the RDP target (and it happens with any combination of CTRL + ...).
    Do you have any idea about the possible problems and the solutions I could try? I use the failsafe default keyboard layout on Guacamole's side.
    Thank you very much!

• Michael Jumper

Michael Jumper - 2013-09-25

What browser are you using when this happens?

There is an issue we just received word of related to IE10: https://guac-dev.org/trac/ticket/428

It wouldn't surprise me if other browsers are starting to follow suit, as the issue relates to a newer key event specification for JavaScript.

• Luca Ferrario

Luca Ferrario - 2014-01-16

It happens when using the "failsafe" server-layout in the RDP connection configuration. Configuring it to the default server-layout fixed the problem! ;-)