I've noticed some strange behavior using gtkpod and banshee with my iPod
shuffle Second Generation.
For some reason calling
returns sometimes "xA546" (but only in gtkpod) and sometimes just "A546".
Using banshee it always returns "A546" letting
to fail because of the lines 2040-2042:
In the banshee case "A546" is shortened to "546" and the model
information is not found in the model table anymore.
I've patched the library for me, increasing model_number only if it
starts with an 'x' (patched attached). I've no idea if this is the right
approach in any way. I even don't know if it is an error in libgpod or
I think it is much easier for you to see what is really going wrong in
Anyway, thank you very much for writing this library. Great work!