Dear Gnutella fans,
A new major release has just been uploaded to sourceforge.
You may also get it through Gnutella via:
Here are the changes since 0.97, as listed in the ChangeLog file:
# v 0.97.1 2011-09-11 [stable]
This is a bug-fixing release, addressing critical bugs that slipped through
in the 0.97 release but which happen only in particular conditions.
The project also switched from SVN to git. This affects the version number
which no longer includes a single SVN revision but instead uses the combination
of a counter for the number of changes since the last release plus git's
abbreviated commit ID.
- Fixed bootstrapping problems on IPv6 enabled hosts [bug #3376322].
- Forgot to clear global HTTP handle on GHC errors [bug #376322].
- Typo caused crash when processing alternate locations in firewalled mode
with PFSP enabled.
- Forgot to clear pending THEX downloads on download stops.
- Make sure we remove the SHA1 of de-indexed files from the shared set.
- Handle "message too large" errors when sending on UDP.
Under the Hood:
- When running as ultra node, use GUESS introduction pings when requesting
a query key so that the remote ultrapeer can passively discover us.
- Do not count GUID collisions with our own GUID when we see our own IP:port!
- Added some gcc 4.6 "hot" / "cold" routine tagging for better optimizations.
- netmask_to_cidr(): was not using the proper metaconfig symbol to activate
the usage of __builtin_popcount.
- Updated build.sh to build an app bundle for OSX with target=osxbundle
- Added "dmg" to the default extension list for shared files.
- Added OS X integration support: menu bar is now on the OS menubar on top,
the application does a clean exit on cmd-q and the application continues
to run when only the window is closed.
- Use the downloads folder on Windows 7 and Vista for completed downloads.
- Updated the geographic IP mapping database.
- Integrated spell check of the French translation from stegozor@...
- Turned "zalloc_always_gc" to FALSE by default.