Installing on windows7

Help
2010-04-21
2012-12-26
  • Guy Yitzhaki
    Guy Yitzhaki
    2010-04-21

Hi,

I'm trying to install gsvideo 0.5 on a new windows 7 machine. I installed GTK+, Gimp and gstreamer according to the instructions.
    However, when I try to run the Loop example, I get an unsatisfied link error  for the speex library.
    As far as I can tell, it is included in the library\libfolder. Am I missing something?
    The exception message is included below.
    Thanks,
    Guy

processing.app.debug.RunnerException: UnsatisfiedLinkError: can't load library speex (speex|libspeex|libspeex-0) with -Djna.library.path=C:/proj/sketchbook/libraries/gsvideo/library\win. Last error:java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: Unable to load library 'libspeex-0': The specified module could not be found.

at processing.app.Sketch.placeException(Unknown Source)
    at processing.app.debug.Runner.findException(Unknown Source)
    at processing.app.debug.Runner.reportException(Unknown Source)
    at processing.app.debug.Runner.exception(Unknown Source)
    at processing.app.debug.EventThread.exceptionEvent(Unknown Source)
    at processing.app.debug.EventThread.handleEvent(Unknown Source)
    at processing.app.debug.EventThread.run(Unknown Source)
    Exception in thread "Animation Thread" java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: can't load library speex (speex|libspeex|libspeex-0) with -Djna.library.path=C:/proj/sketchbook/libraries/gsvideo/library\win. Last error:java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: Unable to load library 'libspeex-0': The specified module could not be found.

at codeanticode.gsvideo.JnaLibLoaderChain.loadLibrary(JnaLibLoaderChain.java:226)
    at codeanticode.gsvideo.JnaLibLoaderChain.load(JnaLibLoaderChain.java:193)
    at codeanticode.gsvideo.JnaLibLoaderChain.preLoadLibs(JnaLibLoaderChain.java:155)
    at codeanticode.gsvideo.JnaLibLoaderChain.getInstance(JnaLibLoaderChain.java:233)
    at codeanticode.gsvideo.GSVideo.init(GSVideo.java:58)
    at codeanticode.gsvideo.GSMovie.<init>(Unknown Source)
    at codeanticode.gsvideo.GSMovie.<init>(Unknown Source)
    at Loop.setup(Loop.java:39)
    at processing.core.PApplet.handleDraw(Unknown Source)
    at processing.core.PApplet.run(Unknown Source)
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:619

• Andres Colubri
    Andres Colubri
    2010-04-21

Does the 0.6-pre0 version gives the same error?

• Guy Yitzhaki
    Guy Yitzhaki
    2010-04-21

I tried it now and got the following messages:

(could the mix between forward and backwards slashes in the jna.library.path be causing it?)

can't load library libcairo-2 (libcairo-2|liblibcairo-2|liblibcairo-2-0) with -Djna.library.path=C:/proj/sketchbook/libraries/gsvideo/library\gstreamer\win. Last error:java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: Unable to load library 'libcairo-2': The specified module could not be found.

can't load library libfontconfig-1 (libfontconfig-1|liblibfontconfig-1|liblibfontconfig-1-0) with -Djna.library.path=C:/proj/sketchbook/libraries/gsvideo/library\gstreamer\win. Last error:java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: Unable to load library 'libfontconfig-1': The specified module could not be found.

can't load library libfreetype-6 (libfreetype-6|liblibfreetype-6|liblibfreetype-6-0) with -Djna.library.path=C:/proj/sketchbook/libraries/gsvideo/library\gstreamer\win. Last error:java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: Unable to load library 'libfreetype-6': The specified module could not be found.

can't load library libgnutls-26 (libgnutls-26|liblibgnutls-26|liblibgnutls-26-0) with -Djna.library.path=C:/proj/sketchbook/libraries/gsvideo/library\gstreamer\win. Last error:java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: Unable to load library 'libgnutls-26': The specified module could not be found.

can't load library libgnutls-extra-26 (libgnutls-extra-26|liblibgnutls-extra-26|liblibgnutls-extra-26-0) with -Djna.library.path=C:/proj/sketchbook/libraries/gsvideo/library\gstreamer\win. Last error:java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: Unable to load library 'libgnutls-extra-26': The specified module could not be found.

can't load library libgnutls-openssl-26 (libgnutls-openssl-26|liblibgnutls-openssl-26|liblibgnutls-openssl-26-0) with -Djna.library.path=C:/proj/sketchbook/libraries/gsvideo/library\gstreamer\win. Last error:java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: Unable to load library 'libgnutls-openssl-26': The specified module could not be found.

can't load library libgnutlsxx-26 (libgnutlsxx-26|liblibgnutlsxx-26|liblibgnutlsxx-26-0) with -Djna.library.path=C:/proj/sketchbook/libraries/gsvideo/library\gstreamer\win. Last error:java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: Unable to load library 'libgnutlsxx-26': The specified module could not be found.

can't load library libneon-27 (libneon-27|liblibneon-27|liblibneon-27-0) with -Djna.library.path=C:/proj/sketchbook/libraries/gsvideo/library\gstreamer\win. Last error:java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: Unable to load library 'libneon-27': The specified module could not be found.

can't load library libpangocairo-1.0-0 (libpangocairo-1.0-0|liblibpangocairo-1.0-0|liblibpangocairo-1.0-0-0) with -Djna.library.path=C:/proj/sketchbook/libraries/gsvideo/library\gstreamer\win. Last error:java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: Unable to load library 'libpangocairo-1.0-0': The specified module could not be found.

can't load library libpangoft2-1.0-0 (libpangoft2-1.0-0|liblibpangoft2-1.0-0|liblibpangoft2-1.0-0-0) with -Djna.library.path=C:/proj/sketchbook/libraries/gsvideo/library\gstreamer\win. Last error:java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: Unable to load library 'libpangoft2-1.0-0': The specified module could not be found.

can't load library libpng12-0 (libpng12-0|liblibpng12-0|liblibpng12-0-0) with -Djna.library.path=C:/proj/sketchbook/libraries/gsvideo/library\gstreamer\win. Last error:java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: Unable to load library 'libpng12-0': The specified module could not be found.

can't load library libsoup-2.4-1 (libsoup-2.4-1|liblibsoup-2.4-1|liblibsoup-2.4-1-0) with -Djna.library.path=C:/proj/sketchbook/libraries/gsvideo/library\gstreamer\win. Last error:java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: Unable to load library 'libsoup-2.4-1': The specified module could not be found.

can't load library libxml2-2 (libxml2-2|liblibxml2-2|liblibxml2-2-0) with -Djna.library.path=C:/proj/sketchbook/libraries/gsvideo/library\gstreamer\win. Last error:java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: Unable to load library 'libxml2-2': The specified module could not be found.

can't load library zlib1 (zlib1|libzlib1|libzlib1-0) with -Djna.library.path=C:/proj/sketchbook/libraries/gsvideo/library\gstreamer\win. Last error:java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: Unable to load library 'zlib1': The specified module could not be found.

processing.app.debug.RunnerException: UnsatisfiedLinkError: can't load library gstapp-0.10 (gstapp-0.10|libgstapp-0.10|libgstapp-0.10-0) with -Djna.library.path=C:/proj/sketchbook/libraries/gsvideo/library\gstreamer\win. Last error:java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: Unable to load library 'gstapp-0.10': Invalid access to memory location.

at processing.app.Sketch.placeException(Unknown Source)
    at processing.app.debug.Runner.findException(Unknown Source)
    at processing.app.debug.Runner.reportException(Unknown Source)
    at processing.app.debug.Runner.exception(Unknown Source)
    at processing.app.debug.EventThread.exceptionEvent(Unknown Source)
    at processing.app.debug.EventThread.handleEvent(Unknown Source)
    at processing.app.debug.EventThread.run(Unknown Source)
    Exception in thread "Animation Thread" java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: can't load library gstapp-0.10 (gstapp-0.10|libgstapp-0.10|libgstapp-0.10-0) with -Djna.library.path=C:/proj/sketchbook/libraries/gsvideo/library\gstreamer\win. Last error:java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: Unable to load library 'gstapp-0.10': Invalid access to memory location.

at codeanticode.gsvideo.JnaLibLoaderChain.loadLibrary(JnaLibLoaderChain.java:237)
    at codeanticode.gsvideo.JnaLibLoaderChain.load(JnaLibLoaderChain.java:200)
    at codeanticode.gsvideo.JnaLibLoaderChain.preLoadLibs(JnaLibLoaderChain.java:162)
    at codeanticode.gsvideo.JnaLibLoaderChain.getInstance(JnaLibLoaderChain.java:249)
    at codeanticode.gsvideo.GSVideo.init(GSVideo.java:58)
    at codeanticode.gsvideo.GSMovie.<init>(GSMovie.java:70)
    at codeanticode.gsvideo.GSMovie.<init>(GSMovie.java:50)
    at Loop.setup(Loop.java:39)
    at processing.core.PApplet.handleDraw(Unknown Source)
    at processing.core.PApplet.run(Unknown Source)
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:619)

• Andres Colubri
    Andres Colubri
    2010-04-21

I'm quite sure that the mix of slashes is not a problem. One thing you can try is to remove all the additional packages you installed earlier such as GTK+, Gimp and gstreamer, because gsvideo 0.6 comes with its own copy of gstreamer binaries and sometimes this creates conflict. Also, make sure to delete any .gstreamer directory inside the user' directory.

Let me know if the problem persists. I'm in the process of packaging a new version of gsvideo using the latest gstreamer-winbuild. This might also help to solve these issues.

• Guy Yitzhaki
    Guy Yitzhaki
    2010-04-21

Hi,

I uninstalled gtk, gstreamer etc. (including removing the user dir) - but the errors remain the same, both with gsvideo 0.5 and 0.6.
    Anything else I can try?

Thanks for your help,
    Guy

• Andres Colubri
    Andres Colubri
    2010-04-22

mmmh, this could be a problem with Windows 7 then. Unfortunately I don't have a Win7 machine around to test this out myself.

In any case, the last release of gstreamer-winbuilds (v0.10.6-RC1) is known to work fine on XP/Vista/7.

I'll try to package a new version of gsvideo with these gstreamer binaries as soon as possible. Hopefully this will solve the problem.

• Guy Yitzhaki
    Guy Yitzhaki
    2010-04-22

Thanks.
    Do you have an idea when it will be ready?
    I can test it out for you on win 7 if you want and maybe help you debug.

• Andres Colubri
    Andres Colubri
    2010-04-22

I'll be working on this between today and tomorrow.

It would be great if you can give me a hand with testing. I'll let you know when there is some files you can try out.

Thanks!

• Andres Colubri
    Andres Colubri
    2010-04-23

Hi,

I included the gstreamer binaries from winbuilds 0.10.6 RC01 in this preview release:
    https://sourceforge.net/projects/gsvideo/files/gsvideo/0.6/gsvideo-0.6-pre1.zip/download

However there seem to be issues (GSMovie doesn't work with mov files for instance), capture and custom pipelines seem to work though. Could you try the Pipelines/Test sketch to see if at least the videotestsrc example works on windows 7?

Thanks a lot!

• Guy Yitzhaki
    Guy Yitzhaki
    2010-04-23

Hi,
    I get the following error trying to run the Pipelines\test sketch (I have processing1.1 installed).
    Let me know if there is anything else I can try to help.

Guy

** (java.exe:5884): WARNING **: Failed to load plugin 'C:/proj/sketchbook/libraries/gsvideo/library\gstreamer\win\plugins\libgstschro.dll': `C:/proj/sketchbook/libraries/gsvideo/library\gstreamer\win\plugins\libgstschro.dll': The specified module could not be found.
    #
    # A fatal error has been detected by the Java Runtime Environment:
    #
    #  EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION (0xc0000005) at pc=0x7c342eee, pid=5884, tid=9156
    #
    # JRE version: 6.0_18-b07
    # Java VM: Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (16.0-b13 mixed mode windows-x86 )
    # Problematic frame:
    # C 
    #
    # An error report file with more information is saved as:
    # C:\proj\processing-1.1\hs_err_pid5884.log
    #
    # If you would like to submit a bug report, please visit:
    #   http://java.sun.com/webapps/bugreport/crash.jsp
    # The crash happened outside the Java Virtual Machine in native code.
    # See problematic frame for where to report the bug.
    #

• Guy Yitzhaki
    Guy Yitzhaki
    2010-04-23

Hi,

I tried it again - this time using processing 1.0.9, and the test pattern example does appear.
    However, I still get the following messages in the output console:

** (java.exe:16628): WARNING **: Failed to load plugin 'C:/proj/sketchbook/libraries/gsvideo/library\gstreamer\win\plugins\libgstschro.dll': `C:/proj/sketchbook/libraries/gsvideo/library\gstreamer\win\plugins\libgstschro.dll': The specified module could not be found.

• Andres Colubri
    Andres Colubri
    2010-04-24

Don't worry about the libgstschro.dll error.

Thanks for reporting that the new package seems to work on 1.0.9

Does the crash on 1.1 occurs every time you try run the Test sketch? I noticed that sometimes gstreamer-related crashes like this occur sporadically.

• Guy Yitzhaki
    Guy Yitzhaki
    2010-04-24

You are right - it is not consistent. The crash happens about once every three runs.

• Andres Colubri
    Andres Colubri
    2010-04-25

Thanks for confirming. I suspect the problem is with the gstreamer binaries. I'll try some possible solutions and then upload a new gsvideo package.

Regarding the crashes of the playback examples (Loop, etc), I realized they are caused by the mov file included with the sketches. Could you test GSMovie using other video files and let me know if you find something wrong or unusual?

• Guy Yitzhaki
    Guy Yitzhaki
    2010-04-26

i tried several avi and mpg files - everything seemed fine

• Andres Colubri
    Andres Colubri
    2010-04-26

Cool. Did performance seem to be ok? I noticed some choppiness when testing on windows Vista, but maybe it was just some problem with the computer…

If everything is fine, I'll be releasing version 0.6 (no more previews :-)) soon.

• Guy Yitzhaki
    Guy Yitzhaki
    2010-04-26

seemed fine to me. thanks for all your work!

• Andres Colubri
    Andres Colubri
    2010-05-02

I uploaded a new preview package. If you have the chance to try it out, let me know how things go on Windows7.

• Guy Yitzhaki
    Guy Yitzhaki
    2010-05-04

nice work!
    the mov files all load and play without any error.

• Andres Colubri
    Andres Colubri
    2010-05-06

one question: are you running on win7 32 or 64 bits?

• Guy Yitzhaki
    Guy Yitzhaki
    2010-05-06

64 bits