From: Christian Fredrik Kalager Schaller <U<raeus@li...> - 2002-02-02 18:21:10
GStreamer "do-b-day" 0.3.2 released
The GStreamer team is happy to announce another release of the GStreamer
streaming-media framework. This is our first release using Glib 2.0 and
libxml2 as our default compile plattform. Support for gtk1.2 is still
available with the -disable-glib2 configure parameter. This will however
be the last release with support for compilation with GTK1.2 as keeping
compatible with both set of libraries is getting to be a hinderance for
keeping our high development speed.
We now have a gst-all module prepared that includes all of our source
modules in one easy-to-compile package.
For help building GStreamer, take a look at our build help document.
Updates and Enhancements
* new capabilities negotiation system
* xml support bugfixes
* sdlvideosink enhancements
* gst-xmllaunch added
* fixes in avi plugin
* fli plugin now works again
* old gstmediaplay now works with GNOME 1.4 and GNOME 2.0
(gst-oldplay in CVS)
* New Alpha GNOME 2 mediaplayer
* lots of fixes on the v4l plugin
* new cdxa plugin
* new mjpeg encoder and decoder plugins
* new example plugin using GOB and updated old GOB based example
* partial update of documentation and examples
* miscellaneous bugfixes
* new autoplugger (spider)
* add multifile/events/filesize-control support to disksink
* MMX'ified jpeg enc and dec plugins (mjpegtools)
* Rewrote the SDL video output plugin
* New Goom visualisation plugin (not yet part of build)
* More portability work
Some Important Known Bugs:
* When installing you might get a error saying that warning:
failed to load external entity "/etc/gstreamer/reg.xml". This can be
safely ignored. Just run gst-register after you are done.
* If you have the mad plugin installed you will not get sound on
* AVI playback is not working in this release. Anyone thinking
Avifile is a great library are kindly requested to help out.
More details on these features can be found, along with the release
tarballs and some RPMs, on the project's website, http://gstreamer.net/.
GStreamer is hosted on SourceForge, so support requests and bugs may be
filed as usual. Interested developers of the core library, plugins, and
applications should subscribe to the gstreamer-devel list. If there is
sufficient interest we will create more lists as necessary.
We are still looking for people with access to Solaris, HP-UX, Irix and
True64 that would be willing to try building and testing GStreamer.
Patches fixing such problems are also more than welcome.
Contributors to this release
* Erik Walthinsen <omega@...>
* Wim Taymans <wim.taymans@...>
* Thomas Vander Stichele <thomas@...>
* Andy Wingo <wingo@...>
* Benjamin Otte <n7y118@...>
Plugins and Sample Applications
* David Lehn <dlehn@...>
* Ronald Bultje <rbultje@...>
* Bastien Nocera <hadess@...>
* Martin Enlund <martin@...>
* Leif Morgan Johnson <lmjohns3@...>
* Christian Schaller <christian.schaller@...>
* wrobell <wrobell@...>