well u can try one thing
gst inspect checks the path in GST_PLUGIN_PATH
so set this to the place where u have kept ur plugin .so file


 
On Nov 29, 2007 10:17 PM, Sharath Mudalamane <sharath_m@mindtree.com> wrote:
Hi Edward,

Thanks for the inputs!

Since I am facing the same problem on scratchbox (As I explained in my first
mail), I tried GST_DEBUG ... on scratchbox environment (No debug enabled in
:-( my 770).

I am not getting any clue from the logs. I have attached the generated logs.
Can you please help me?


Thanks and regards,
Sharath



-----Original Message-----
From: Edward Hervey [mailto:bilboed@gmail.com]
Sent: Thursday, November 29, 2007 9:46 PM
To: Sharath Mudalamane
Cc: TK, Pratheesh Gangadhar; gstreamer-devel@lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: Re: [gst-devel] How to register my new plugin on Nokia 770?

Hi,

 First REMOVE your registry (~/.gstreamer- 0.10/registry*), then run the
following :
 # GST_DEBUG=2 gst-inspect-0.10 > log 2>&1

 You can then look through the 'log' file to see the reason why your
plugin isn't being loaded. If you don't see anything regarding your
plugin, that means that it is located in the wrong path.

 BTW, I think debugging was disabled on the N770 gstreamer by
default... so I hope you have a debug-enabled version of gstreamer else
you will not be able to go very far.

   Edward

On Thu, 2007-11-29 at 21:27 +0530, Sharath Mudalamane wrote:
> Hi Pratheesh,
>
>
>
> The gst-inspect FAILS for me. Hence, GST_DEBUG would not help.
>
>
>
> Also, I tried exporting GST_PLUGIN_PATH=/usr/lib/gstreamer-0.10/ (on
> the X-term of Nokia 770 device!). It is still working.
>
>
>
> I believe there is something extra that we should do to register any
> new plugins on the device (Nokia 770) apart from copying the generated
> shared object (libgstwow.so) into it.
>
>
>
> Thanks for your reply!
>
> Regards,
>
> Sharath
>
>
>
> ______________________________________________________________________
> From: TK, Pratheesh Gangadhar [mailto:pratheesh@ti.com]
> Sent: Thursday, November 29, 2007 7:00 PM
> To: Sharath Mudalamane; gstreamer-devel@lists.sourceforge.net
> Subject: RE: [gst-devel] How to register my new plugin on Nokia 770?
>
>
>
>
> Can you do export GST_DEBUG=3 or 4  before gst-inspect-0.10 and check
> the debug messages. This may give you more clues about your problem.
>
>
>
> You might also need to do a export
> GST_PLUGIN_PATH=/usr/lib/gstreamer-0.10/
>
>
>
>
>
>
> ______________________________________________________________________
> From:gstreamer-devel-bounces@lists.sourceforge.net
> [mailto:gstreamer-devel-bounces@lists.sourceforge.net] On Behalf Of
> Sharath Mudalamane
> Sent: Thursday, November 29, 2007 5:58 PM
> To: gstreamer-devel@lists.sourceforge.net
> Subject: [gst-devel] How to register my new plugin on Nokia 770?
>
>
>
>
> To: gstreamer-devel@lists.sourceforge.net
>
>
>
> Subject: How to register my new plugin on Nokia 770?
>
>
>
> Hello all,
>
>
>
>
>
> MY ISSUE:
>
>
>
> I have created a new GStreamer filter plugin (say 'Wow'). I have the
> shared object ( libgstwow.so for ARM9) sitting pretty
> in /usr/local/lib/gstreamer-0.10/.
>
> Now, I have copied this libgstwow.so to /usr/lib/gstreamer-0.10/ on
> the Nokia 770.
>
> But,
>
> Nokia-770# gst-inspect-0.10 wow     is not working.
>
> Nokia-770# gst-inspect-0.10 fakesrc ! wow ! fakesink   is also not
> working.
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
> HOW DID I CREATE filter plugin for ARM9?
>
>
>
> I have 'scratchbox' tool setup for cross compiling the GStreamer
> programs for ARM9.
>
>
>
> These are the steps I followed:
>
>      1. Downloaded /gst-template from CVS to chroot'ed login of
>         scratchbox.
>      2. Use make-element to create 'wow'.
>      3. I have edited gstwow.c,
>
>                            Gst_element_register(..., "wow",,,);
>
>                            SGT_PLUGIN_DEFINE( ,, "wow",,,);
>
>                                                (As suggested by
> Trimurthulu! See below e-mail)
>
>      1. Edit gst-template/gst-plugin/src/makefile.am to change plugin
>         name.
>      2. run /gst-template/gst-plugin/autogen.sh
>      3. run /gst-template/gst-plugin/make
>      4. run /gst-template/gst-plugin/make install
>
> All the steps are successful and shared object is generated.
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
> WHAT OTHER THINGS DID I CHECK?
>
> After copying the .so to /usr/lib/gstreamer-0.10/ on Nokia 770 , I set
> LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/lib.  But gst-inspect is not working.
>
>
>
>
>
> [Scratchbox-ARM:]> gst-inspect-0.10 wow     is not working.
>
> [Scratchbox-ARM:]> gst-inspect-0.10 fakesrc ! wow ! fakesink   is also
> not working.
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
> Hello Volter,
>
>
>
> Please, let me know if you could resolve your plugin registration
> issue.
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
> Thanks and regards,
>
> Sharath
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
> ______________________________________________________________________
> From:gstreamer-devel-bounces@lists.sourceforge.net
> [mailto:gstreamer-devel-bounces@lists.sourceforge.net ] On Behalf Of
> trimurthulu amaradhi
> Sent: Tuesday, November 06, 2007 1:25 PM
> To: Volter Yen
> Cc: gstreamer-devel@lists.sourceforge.net
> Subject: Re: [gst-devel] why gst-inspect could not inspect my
> customizedplugin ?
>
>
>
>
> Hi,
> you have to fill the following to display the any plugin info
> GST_ELEMENT_DETAILS{}
> gst_element_register ()
>
> GST_PLUGIN_DEFINE (GST_VERSION_MAJOR,
>     GST_VERSION_MINOR,
>     "pluginname",
>     "player name", plugin_init, VERSION, GST_LICENSE,
> GST_PACKAGE_NAME,
>     GST_PACKAGE_ORIGIN)
>
>  you just compare with any existing plugin ..
>
> Regards..
>
> Trimurthulu
>
> On 11/6/07, Volter Yen < volter619@163.com> wrote:
>
>
>
>
> Hi all,
>
>
>  I have built my sampleplugin based on the gst-template, but when
> i use the gst-inspect to check its existance,I got 'no entry..' info,
> and I have check the built out  files, there are my ourput dir, so I
> am vondering where the problem is? please help me.thank you!
>
>
>
>
>
> Volter
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
> =====================================================
>
>
>
>
>
> Happy everyday $ Best Regards!
>
>
>
>
>
> msn:volter619@163.com
>
>
>
>
>
> Focus on embed linux software!
>
>
>
> -------------------------------------------------------------------------
> This SF.net email is sponsored by: Splunk Inc.
> Still grepping through log files to find problems?  Stop.
> Now Search log events and configuration files using AJAX and a
> browser.
> Download your FREE copy of Splunk now >> http://get.splunk.com/
> _______________________________________________
> gstreamer-devel mailing list
> gstreamer-devel@lists.sourceforge.net
> https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/gstreamer-devel
>
>
>
>
> DISCLAIMER:
>
> This message (including attachment if any) is confidential and may be
> privileged. If you have received this message by mistake please notify
> the sender by return e-mail and delete this message from your system.
> Any unauthorized use or dissemination of this message in whole or in
> part is strictly prohibited.
>
> E-mail may contain viruses. Before opening attachments please check
> them for viruses and defects. While MindTree Consulting Limited
> (MindTree) has put in place checks to minimize the risks, MindTree
> will not be responsible for any viruses or defects or any forwarded
> attachments emanating either from within MindTree or outside.
>
> Please note that e-mails are susceptible to change and MindTree shall
> not be liable for any improper, untimely or incomplete transmission.
>
> MindTree reserves the right to monitor and review the content of all
> messages sent to or from MindTree e-mail address. Messages sent to or
> from this e-mail address may be stored on the MindTree e-mail system
> or else where.
>
>
> DISCLAIMER:
>
> This message (including attachment if any) is confidential and may be
> privileged. If you have received this message by mistake please notify
> the sender by return e-mail and delete this message from your system.
> Any unauthorized use or dissemination of this message in whole or in
> part is strictly prohibited.
>
> E-mail may contain viruses. Before opening attachments please check
> them for viruses and defects. While MindTree Consulting Limited
> (MindTree) has put in place checks to minimize the risks, MindTree
> will not be responsible for any viruses or defects or any forwarded
> attachments emanating either from within MindTree or outside.
>
> Please note that e-mails are susceptible to change and MindTree shall
> not be liable for any improper, untimely or incomplete transmission.
>
> MindTree reserves the right to monitor and review the content of all
> messages sent to or from MindTree e-mail address. Messages sent to or
> from this e-mail address may be stored on the MindTree e-mail system
> or else where.
>
> -------------------------------------------------------------------------
> SF.Net email is sponsored by: The Future of Linux Business White Paper
> from Novell.  From the desktop to the data center, Linux is going
> mainstream.  Let it simplify your IT future.
> http://altfarm.mediaplex.com/ad/ck/8857-50307-18918-4
> _______________________________________________ gstreamer-devel mailing
list gstreamer-devel@lists.sourceforge.net
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/gstreamer-devel



DISCLAIMER:
This message (including attachment if any) is confidential and may be privileged. If you have received this message by mistake please notify the sender by return e-mail and delete this message from your system. Any unauthorized use or dissemination of this message in whole or in part is strictly prohibited.
E-mail may contain viruses. Before opening attachments please check them for viruses and defects. While MindTree Consulting Limited (MindTree) has put in place checks to minimize the risks, MindTree will not be responsible for any viruses or defects or any forwarded attachments emanating either from within MindTree or outside.
Please note that e-mails are susceptible to change and MindTree shall not be liable for any improper, untimely or incomplete transmission.
MindTree reserves the right to monitor and review the content of all messages sent to or from MindTree e-mail address. Messages sent to or from this e-mail address may be stored on the MindTree e-mail system or else where.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
SF.Net email is sponsored by: The Future of Linux Business White Paper
from Novell.  From the desktop to the data center, Linux is going
mainstream.  Let it simplify your IT future.
http://altfarm.mediaplex.com/ad/ck/8857-50307-18918-4
_______________________________________________
gstreamer-devel mailing list
gstreamer-devel@lists.sourceforge.net
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/gstreamer-devel