You guys might already know this. Send it just in case:


Here is how I got faad working from source for SUSE 10.1:

1- download from source, I got this one: http://gstreamer.freedesktop.org/src/gst-plugins-bad/gst-plugins-bad-0.10.3.tar.gz

2- extract that. edit the file configure.ac and search for faacDecOpen and replace it by NeAACDecOpen (you will see only one instance of it).

3- run the command: ./autogen
(add any required packet to resolve dependencies)

4- go to the directory ext/faad: cd (whereYouHaveExpaned)/gst-plugins-bad-0.10.3/ext/faad

5- edit the file gstfaad.c and replace all occurrences of the "faacDec" keyword by "NeAACDec". There should be 37 occurrences. Save that file after applying those changes.

6- Do the same for gstfaad.h (only one replacement will occur though).

7- go back to your gst-plugins-bad-0.10.3 directory. run the command: ./configure --prefix=/opt/gnome

8- Now everything should be in place. run "make". switch to su and run "make install".

9- check if the plugin is being recognized by the gstreamer core by running the command: gst-inspect-0.10 faad