DirektX - 2007-03-03

How to use gsculpt in other language?
    (The language file is there.)

• Geoffrey French

Geoffrey French - 2007-03-05

What OS are you using?

• gaal(greg)gergely

hi direktx.
      gsculpt contains so far 3 different languages. english/turkish/hungarian.
      usualy if your operation system (xp,linux) is using one of these tree, gsculpt should start with one of the above mentioned ones. if NOT, then there is a solution for this.
      you have to download the "gtk". well, my machine runs xp on it, so i download the gtk from the gimp site.
      here is the link:
      http://gimp-win.sourceforge.net/stable.html
      download the second one, the "GTK+ 2 Runtime Environment (version 2.10.6, for Windows 2000 and newer)", and install it. after installation you can choose which language do you want to use for the programs using the gtk. if you forgot to choose one, dont worry, this language selection program makes a shortcut inside START/PROGRAMS/GTK+RUNTIME ENVIRONMENT/language selection. click this, and choose the upper one for whatever language you want.
      beware, this makes all programs built with gtk use the choosed language, for example if you are using vlc media player as well, then beside gsculpt, vlc is using the choosed language as well.
      but you can change this back any time, enjoy! :)
      im using the same method, because my os is english, so whenever i want to use gsculpt i run first the language selector prog and choose hungarian.
      if your native language is not one of the above mentioned, youre welcome to translate it. if you need some basic information on how to start it i could post some infos. :)

• Geoffrey French

Geoffrey French - 2007-03-05

Also, you could set the 'LANG' environment variable to 'hu' or 'tr'

On Linux:

From the command prompt:

> export LANG="hu"
      > ./gsculpt

On Windows:

From the command prompt:

C:\Program Files\Britefury\gSculpt > set LANG="hu"
      C:\Program Files\Britefury\gSculpt > gsculpt

Or:

1. Right click on 'My Computer'. The 'System Properties' dialog will appear'
      2. Go to the 'Advanced' tab.
      3. Click the 'Environment variables' button at the bottom. The 'Environment Variables' dialog will appear.
      4. In the 'User variables for .....' section, click the 'New' button. The 'New User Variable' dialog will appear.
      5. In 'Variable name' write 'LANG'
      6. In 'Variable value' write 'hu' for Hungarian, or 'tr' for Turkish.
      7. Click OK in the 'New User Variable' dialog.
      8. Click OK in the 'Environment Variables' dialog.
      9. Click OK in the 'System Properties' dialog.

Regards

Geoff

• DirektX

DirektX - 2007-03-08

Thank Geoffrey! That made it.
      But...
      Is it not the installers job?
      And what happened to the accents?
      Not to mention the weird Hungarian translation...
      (Before you ask: I respect the work of the translator.
      Just some words are odd, obscure even misleading or ununderstandable.)
      Thank you all

• gaal(greg)gergely

okay, i thought this gona come up one day, so i assume you are hungarian direktx.
      here is the deal. im the hungarian translator, and this is my firts ever translation.
      my windows is english and not hungarian, so i can not type proper
      hungarian words (accents), jeah, i could tweak my system to do so, but im lazy. and in the first draft i just wanted to function everything without
      any problem (believe me, i had some headaches when the first translation did not work, but several releases later now i can say proudly gsculpt does not makes a !!crash!! when you use the hungarian language. so far, the translation method is the following. geoffrey sends you a file, you translate it according to your best abilitys, send it back, geoff makes (compiles) a new release, you download it, and test it, when its time for a next release, then you can start to corrigate some errors. i made a request about translations: language packs should be importable and not distributable with a new release, in other words, you should be able to import it while you translate it to check for usability and to eliminate any errors. thats not how it goes at the moment. anyway, i enjoy doing the translation, im not gona abandon this soon, so later on (before gsculpts reaches version 1.0 :)  ) im gona translate everithing with proper accents and whatso...but if you are so picky, search for my thread here in the forums, where i write about how to translate the language pack, youre welcome to make a proper hungarian version :)