gscan2pdf - A GUI to produce a multipage PDF or DjVu from a scan.
Only two clicks are required to scan several pages and then save all or a
selection as a PDF or DjVu file, including metadata if required.
gscan2pdf can control regular or sheet-fed (ADF) scanners with SANE via
libsane-perl, scanimage or scanadf, and can scan multiple pages at
once. It presents a
thumbnail view of scanned pages, and permits simple operations such as
cropping, rotating and deleting pages.
OCR can be used to recognise text in the scans, and the output
embedded in the PDF or DjVu.
PDF conversion is done by PDF::API2.
The resulting document may be saved as a PDF, DjVu, multipage TIFF file, or
single page image file.
Changelog for 1.0.5:
* Allow new processes to be started after pressing cancel button
* Fixed paste menu
Closes bug 3517797 (Copy and paste no longer work)
* Pad scans which have less data than their headers announce with blanks
Closes bug 3480247 (No image from HP6500A ADF)
* Fix unpaper when used as part of scan process
Closes Debian bug #670640 (Can't call method get_cmdline)
* Sort OCR languages in ComboBoxes
* Deal with non-UTF-8 output from OCR. Closes Debian bug #670831
(gscan2pdf is not resilient against non utf-8 from tesseract)
* Fix Email to PDF with kmail
Closes bug 3487790 (suse 12.1 emails no pdf)
* Fix updating widgets in scanimage dialog
Closes debian bug #678911
(Device-dependent options disappear after selecting Lineart mode)
* + Gujarati translation (thanks to Vishal Goswami)
* Update to Brazilian Portuguese translation (thanks to Arthur Rodrigues)
* Update to Simplified Chinese translation (thanks to Wang Dianjin)
* Update to Czech translation (thanks to Zbyněk Schwarz)
* Update to German translation (thanks to Dennis Baudys)
* Update to Hungarian translation (thanks to Herczeg Zsolt)
* Update to Japanese translation (thanks to Shushi Kurose)
* Update to Polish translation (thanks to Wojciech Górnaś)
* Update to Spanish translation (thanks to Adolfo Jayme Barrientos)
* Update to Swedish translation (thanks to Tobias Holm)