gscan2pdf - A GUI to produce a multipage PDF or DjVu from a scan.
Only two clicks are required to scan several pages and then save all or a
selection as a PDF or DjVu file, including metadata if required.
gscan2pdf can control regular or sheet-fed (ADF) scanners with SANE via
scanimage or scanadf, and can scan multiple pages at once. It presents a
thumbnail view of scanned pages, and permits simple operations such as
cropping, rotating and deleting pages.
OCR can be used to recognise text in the scans, and the output
embedded in the PDF or DjVu.
PDF conversion is done by PDF::API2.
The resulting document may be saved as a PDF, DjVu, multipage TIFF file, or
single page image file.
Changelog for 0.9.31:
* Don't attach PDF to email until it has been created
Closes 2941906 (Emailing PDF produces 0-byte attachment)
* + user-defined shell commands
Closes Debian bug #510309 (gscan2pdf: Ability to configure how GIMP
* Update UI after restore
Closes 2952845 (Menu and toolbar items greyed out after restore)
* Fixed bug in scanimage-perl with --batch option
Closes 2951789 (uninitialized value $batch_count scanimage-perl line 1199)
* Do not allow multiple instances in order to prevent data loss
Closes 2962298 (gscan2pdf instances collide and delete hours of work)
* + Cuneiform support
Closes 2927831 (Add cuneiforms to supported OCR engines)
* Pad filenames of saved images with zeros to fix subsequent sorting issues
Closes 2958788 (Add leading zeros to export image filenames)
Thanks to Frederik Elwert for the patch
* Fix embedding of OCR output from tesseract and GOCR (broken in v0.9.30)
* Fixed ocropus use without debug option. Thanks to Klaus Ethgen for the patch.
* Fixed UTF8 encoding in OCR output. Thanks to Klaus Ethgen for the patch.
* Save default filename between sessions
* Automatically hide unpaper and OCR dialogs when finished
* Block delete event if main window is closed and quit not OK.
Closes 3015248 (Gscan2pdf quits without saving)
Closes LP 588974 (Program quits without saving)
Closes Debian bug #584787 (gscan2pdf: Gscan2pdf quits without saving)
* Wait until scan exists before trying to import.
Closes 2991751 (gscan2pdf randomly aborting multiple-pages scanning)
* Correct position of OCR output when downsampling.
Thanks to Matthijs Kooijman for the patch
* Suppress warning "Useless use of sort in void context"
Closes Debian bug #585441 (gscan2pdf: "Useless use of sort in void context")
* Offer to reload device-dependent options cache if empty
Closes LP 602560 (device-dependent options cache inobvious)
* Start of Occitan (post 1500) translation (thanks to Cédric VALMARY)
* Update to Catalan translation (thanks to Norbux)
* Update to Simplified Chinese translation (thanks to Eleanor Chen)
* Update to Danish translation (thanks to Ask Hjorth Larsen)
* Update to Italian translation (thanks to suoko)
* Update to Polish translation (thanks to Wojciech Górnaś)
* Update to Portuguese translation (thanks to Sérgio Marques)
* Update to Russian translation (thanks to Spector)
* Update to Slovak translation (thanks to zdpo)
* Update to Ukranian translation (thanks to Сергій Дубик)