Note there is a new dependency - Sane - get it from CPAN:
* Check whether crashed session exists before trying to open it.
Closes 2099857 (Program does not start, as long as file session is missing)
* Switched many dialogs to modal.
Closes Debian bug #500547 (fails to save PDF files)
* + scanimage.pl and scanadf.pl frontends
* Parse units from --help output. Closes LP #283847
(Saving a djvu file with a resolution of 600dpi fails in gscan2pdf v0.9.26)
* Corrected logic for auto-rotating manual double-sided scans.
Closes Debian bug #497629
(Rotation of pages does work on manual double sided scanning)
* Force -depth 8 and -r 16 for TIFF JPEG compression to prevent error messages
* + Select (Odd|Even).
Closes Debian bug #497630 (Selection of all odd pages or all even pages)
* + support for the renamed pagewidth and pageheight options to
page-width and page-height in SANE 1.1.0 in CVS.
Closes 2217511 (determining supported paper sizes fails with fujitsu adf)
* + Properties dialog to show and change resolution of image
* Write images including resolution information
* Guess resolution of PNMs from shape of image
Closes Debian bug #504543 (gscan2pdf: Resolution strangeness)
* Convert PNMs to TIFF before giving them to GIMP
Closes Debian bug #504546 (gscan2pdf: Resolution not sent to gimp)
* Stop thumbnail panel being resized by main window
Closes Debian bug #507032
(improper window split between page list and preview pane)
* Force depth if necessary when converting to pnm for unpaper
Closes 2340005 (keep image depth when running unpaper)
* + Croatian translation (thanks to rmare)
* + Korean translation (thanks to You Hyun Jo)
* Update to Brazilian Portuguese translation (thanks to Alexandre
* Update to Bulgarian translation (thanks to Mitko K.)
* Update to Dutch translation (thanks to Jan Klopper)
* Update to French translation (thanks to Simon Leblanc)
* Update to German translation (thanks to Manuel Rennecke)
* Update to Norwegian Bokmal translation (thanks to Kenneth Langdalen)
* Update to Russian translation (thanks to Alexandre Prokoudine)
* Update to Swedish translation (thanks to Mattias Ohlsson)