GNU RADIO

Help
larry
2006-12-05
2013-03-18
  • larry
    larry
    2006-12-05

QUESTIONS 1) INSTALLED BUT I CAN'T FIND HOW TO START IT 2)WORKS WITH ANY RIG? WIN TV CARD? ANY DAUGHTERBOARD? 3)WHAT IS THE COMMAND LINE TO START GNU IN GRIG- THANK YOU FOR ANY HELP -LARRY

• You start grig by typing grig in a terminal.

Grig works with any radio supported by hamlib. For a list of supported radios, see http://hamlib.org/
      I doubt that you will find any wintv cards in the list of supported radios. I have no idea what a daughterboard is in this context.

To get help aboout the command line options see the manual page (man grig).

Alex

• larry
      larry
      2006-12-12

I'm trying to use gnu radio with grig and imbed it in my web sight. Gnu radio can be used with a daughter board or any rig. so I understand. The command line in gnu is for the daughter board and doesn't seem to work with a rig. I need tthe command line that works with my rig and port. Larry

• Larry,

What kind of rig do you have? Which port is it connected to?

As far as I know, gnuradio is software defined radio, for which some special transceiver hardware has been developed. It is in this hardware they use main and daughter boards. I don't think gnuradio is intended for computer control of traditional ham radios, e.g. ICOM IC-735. If you want to control one of these radios you only need hamlib as device driver and grig for user interface.

As I wrote to you before, grig is a graphical user interface compiled from source code into platform specific, executable binary file. I know of no web technologies that will allow you to embed it in a web site.

Alex