Mroonga 3.07 has been released!
Mroonga is a MySQL storage engine that supports fast
fulltext search and geolocation search. It is CJK ready.
It uses groonga as a storage and fulltext search engine.
See following URL about upgrade sequence if you use previous version.
!!!!! ATTENTION !!!!!
After releasing mroonga 3.07 packages, the bug is found that mroonga is removed
accidentally during upgrading mroonga package. It breaks plugin integrity.
Now we are trying to fix this problem. Here is a fix for all users who faces
$ wget http://packages.groonga.org/tmp/fix-mroonga-3.07-upgrade.sh
Sorry for inconvenience.
!!!!! ATTENTION !!!!!
There are two topics for this release:
* Supported mroonga_escape experimentally
* Supported MariaDB 10.0.4
Supported mroonga_escape experimentally
In this release, we began to support mroonga_escape experimentally.
mroonga needs query which is properly escaped if it contains
special characters (+-><~*()"\:).
This is because that mroonga is based on groonga as MySQL storage engine.
mroonga is contructed by some layers (MySQL -> mroonga -> groonga).
It is required to consider that special character has possibility to
be interpreted each layer.
There is a bit problem how to escape for executing intended search.
For example, if you want to search '(example)', you have to escape
query like following.
mysql> SELECT * FROM test_escape WHERE MATCH(content) AGAINST('\\(example\\)*' IN
mroonga_escape treats such a case well.
In this case, this query needs that '()' character is regarded as normal character,
you need to pass '()' to mroonga_escape as second parameter.
Here is tha actual query:
mysql> SELECT * FROM test_escape WHERE MATCH(content)
AGAINST(mroonga_escape('(example)*', '()') IN
Now you can distinguish what you want to search and what you want to escape.
Supported MariaDB 10.0.4
In this release, we began to support MariaDB 10.0.4 which is released at
August 16, 2013.
mroonga provides packages which depends on distribution's default package,
the chance to try mroonga with MariaDB 10.0.4 is limited to MariaDB bundled zip
package for windows.
(Since Fedora 19 release, MariaDB is adopted, but the version is 5.x serise)
If you want to try on CentOS 6, you can use wing repository.
(this is unofficial repository which mroonga project have nothing
to do with.)
Here is the details of wing repository [Note: written in japanese]
* Added mroonga_escape UDF which escapes special characters in query for BOOLEAN MODE.
[groonga-dev,01576] [Suggested by Kouhei Tanabe]
* Supported VARCHAR equal expression in WHERE clause for ORDER BY LIMIT optimization.
* Supported MariaDB 5.5.32 timestamp.
* Supported MariaDB 10.0.4. [Reported by WING] [Reported by yoku ts]
* [mariadb] Fixed a crash bug when installing plugin on Windows.
* [storage][mysql55] Fixed a bug that changing column that has index fails.
[groonga-talk] [Reported by Chang]
This bug affects the case that FULLTEXT INDEX (column1) is changed by
ALTER TABLE table1 CHANGE column1 column1 new_column_definition for example.
* [doc][wrapper] Fixed incorrect description about condition of ORDER BY LIMIT optimization.
* [storage] Disabled ORDER BY LIMIT optimization for not indexed VARCHAR condition.
It should be indexed to handle COLLATION properly.
* Fixed a bug that missing internal flag causes crash on MySQL 5.6.13.
* Kouhei Tanabe
* yoku ts
HAYASHI Kentaro <hayashi@...>