Mroonga 2.08 has been released!
Mroonga is a MySQL storage engine that supports fast
fulltext search and geolocation search. It is CJK ready.
It uses groonga as a storage and fulltext search engine.
We hold a event groonga fulltext search engine session next month!
Location: VOYAGE GROUP, Inc. Shibuya First Place Bldg. 8F Seminar room
Shinsen-cho 8-16, Shibuya, Tokyo
Date: 2012/11/29 19:00 - 21:00 JST (Open: 18:30, Party starts 21:00)
See http://atnd.org/events/33070 about event details.
Now, we are looking for the speakers!!
Deadline for submission is: 2012/11/04 23:59 (JST)
There is a benefit for the speaker that fee of party is free.
This release has a backward incompatible change against multiple column index.
If you have any tables that uses any multiple comlumn indexes against
VARCHAR or CHAR, please recreate those indexes by ALTER TABLE DISABLE KEYS
and ALTER TABLE ENBALE KEYS as follows:
mysql> ALTER TABLE table_name DISABLE KEYS;
mysql> ALTER TABLE table_name ENABLE KEYS;
See following URL about upgrade sequence if you use previous version.
If you upgrade prior to 1.20, refer to following document:
If you upgrade from 1.20, refer to following document:
If you upgrade from 2.00 or 2.01, refer to following document:
If you upgrade from 2.00 or later and using multiple column indexes
on storage mode, refer to following document:
If you upgrade from 2.04 or later and using SET column or
ENUM that has the number of elements < 256 in Storage mode:
There are two topics for this release:
* Supported utf8mb4 character set
* Supported Ubuntu 12.10 Quantal Quetzal
Supported utf8mb4 character set
This release began to support utf8mb4 character set which enables you to handle
4 bytes UTF-8 with mroonga.
So, you can specify DEFAULT CHARSET utf8mb4 now.
Note that you can use utf8mb4 with MySQL 5.5 or later.
Here is the Distribution which supports utf8mb4 (MySQL 5.5.x):
* CentOS 5 (groonga repository provides MySQL 5.5.x package)
* Fedora 17
If you use the version 5.1 or older one of MySQL which provided by Distribution,
you can not use utf8mb4 with mroonga.
Setup MySQL 5.5 or later version and mroonga by yourself.
Here is the Distribution which does not supports utf8mb4 (MySQL 5.1.x):
* CentOS 6
Supported Ubuntu 12.10 Quantal Quetzal
Ubuntu 12.10 Quantal Quetzal had been released Oct 18, 2012.
This release began to support Ubuntu 12.10 by providing deb packages.
* [storage mode] Supported INFORMATION_SCHEMA.TABLES.DATA_LENGTH. [Suggested by @9m]
* Supported utf8mb4. [groonga-dev,01049] [Reported by warp kawada]
* Supported Ubuntu 12.10 (Quantal Quetzal)
* [rpm][fedora] Supported MySQL 5.5.28.
* [storage mode] Fixed unique judge problem of multiple column unique index
with date column. [groonga-dev,01041] [#1495] [Reported by jd fonc]
* Fixed a bug that WHERE index < XXX ORDER BY DESC doesn't sort by descending.
[Reported by @taro252]
* [rpm] Fixed missing DROP FUNCTION mroonga_snippet. [Reported by @tokuhy]
* Fixed range search by multi column index by int.
* [doc] Fixed wrong command line operation during build process.
[groonga-dev,01061] [Reported by Kazuhiro Isobe]
* warp kawada
* jd fonc
* Kazuhiro Isobe
HAYASHI Kentaro <hayashi@...>