Work at SourceForge, help us to make it a better place! We have an immediate need for a Support Technician in our San Francisco or Denver office.

Close

Say WHAT?

Help
Sam Hulick
2010-01-05
2013-04-26
  • Sam Hulick
    Sam Hulick
    2010-01-05

How do you configure this thing? It's all over the place. For instance, in htdocs there's a "conf" folder.. ok, that makes sense. And in there, there's a file called db.php. Great, this is where I set up my MySQL DSN (though mysql://groogle:groogle@localhost/groogle is a poor example.. how are we to know where to put the user & password? a better example would be mysql://user:pass@server/dbname).

I digress. So I wonder, where do I configure Groogle by telling it where my SVN repositories are? I check the conf folder in htdocs, there's svn.php, great. But there's nothing in it that even vaguely suggests how to tell Groogle where to look for my SVN server.

I'd also like to point out that the documentation link on the Groogle site yields a 404 error.

So… can anyone shed some light on this?

• Sam Hulick
    Sam Hulick
    2010-01-05

Ahh nevermind. It's because our repositories have password authentication (even for read-access) and Groogle doesn't support that. I could hard-code the user/pass, but the problem is that various groups will be using this, and we don't all have the same user/pass to access the various repositories.

What a bummer!

• Sam Hulick
    Sam Hulick
    2010-01-05

Wow. I managed to get a workaround by using file:// to access the repositories locally.. great! But unfortunately, when I tried installing Groogle on Windows… major fail. Not a surprise, since this was built for Linux. I got stuck on the whole php_svn.dll thing. It needs DLLs and apparently even though I downloaded them all, they're wrong.. the Apache server won't start as long as I have "extension=php_svn.dll" in the INI file. Oh well.

• Graham Pitt
    Graham Pitt
    2010-01-06

Hello,

The documentation link is dead because sourceforge deleted the document manager application from sf.net, along with the docs.  Restoring the documentation is on my to-do list.

Repository and authentication support is present in the next version of Groogle.  This is implemented in trunk with the exception of requiring a few UI updates but there are several bugs to fix that stop trunk being useable at the moment.

You can configure aliases in htdocs/conf/svn.php to automatically do transformations (i.e. svn:// -> file:// url) if you haven't done so already.

Installation on windows is a nightmare because a compatible php_svn.dll is required.  I plan to build and publish the dll for window myself at some point, since it's become almost impossible to find a pre-built binary on the internet.  Linux is the way forward for now, or at the least VMWare with Linux.

Feedback appreciated.

Thanks,

Graham

• Sam Hulick
    Sam Hulick
    2010-01-06

Nice work.. it works great on Linux. Unfortunately I'm forced to use Windows. I'll keep an eye out for your php_svn.dll! Thanks!