Help
2012-05-09
2013-04-26
  • vijayarajan
    vijayarajan
    2012-05-09

Hi,

Anybody pls help me.

I followed the installation guide, but in htdocs following php files are not there.  Moreover in "Request a review"  submit for review button is not been enabled.

# cd /var/www/groogle/htdocs
    # php groogle_daemon.php -write-initd
    # chkconfig -add groogled
    # chkconfig groogled on
    # service groogled start

# cd /var/www/groogle/htdocs
    # php checkout_daemon.php -write-initd
    # chkconfig -add grooglecheckoutd
    # chkconfig grooglecheckoutd on
    # service grooglecheckoutd start

Thanks,
    Rajan

• Graham Pitt
    Graham Pitt
    2012-05-09

Hi Rajan,

The answer is that the files are not there because the installation instructions are for upcoming version 1.0.  Sourceforge deleted the document management system holding the install instructions for 0.9.x and all the documents that went with it.  I re-wrote them, but focussed on the imminent release.

If you install the version from branch https://groogle.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/groogle/devel/81-support-upload-of-patch-diff-files then the files will be there.  This branch will form the basis for version 1.0.  I know it is being used in the field, so it should be relatively problem free.

If you wish to stick with the older release version then simply skip the instructions for files that don't exist.  The installation and dependencies are mostly the same.

Thanks,

Graham

• vijayarajan
    vijayarajan
    2012-05-10

Hi Graham,

Thanks for your reply.   At present im using 0.9.3 version so in this version "groogle_daemon.php" & "checkout_daemon.php" this files will be there right?   I installed all the packages, But while accessing groogle interface, While creating new review.  Following things are not enabled.

* Revision - (while selecting not is there in that drop down box)
    * Submit for review ( its not enabled, its in disabled mode, unable to click)

Also I havent configure any file under /htdoc/conf/ I leave it as after installing package.

For your reference ,  I have attached screenshot.

Please give me solution how to configure.

• vijayarajan
    vijayarajan
    2012-05-10

• Graham Pitt
    Graham Pitt
    2012-05-10

Hi,

Those files are not in 0.9.3. Only in 1.0.0.  Please skip those steps.

The revision field will automatically be populated with a revision list when you enter a valid subversion url in the box above it.  Similarly, when all of the required fields have been satisfied, the submit button will be enabled.

Thanks,

Graham