Work at SourceForge, help us to make it a better place! We have an immediate need for a Support Technician in our San Francisco or Denver office.

Close

Database is sick - Mac OSX install

Help
westloft
2010-05-27
2013-04-26
  • westloft
    westloft
    2010-05-27

I seem to have everything working but I get the "Database is sick" response on index.php.  I'm trying to use a non-localhost MySQL instance.  I am able to connect to the MySQL database using Sequel Pro and I see all the latest tables and version is 19.

I have all the PEAR checkmarks and all is well.  My db.php is:

$dsn = 'mysql://groogle:groogle123@lajolla.mycompany.com:3306/groogle';

but I've tried:

$dsn = 'mysql://groogle:groogle123@lajolla.mycompany.com/groogle';

• Graham Pitt
    Graham Pitt
    2010-05-27

Hello,

Are you connecting to the remote mysql host via a client from the machine with groogle installed on it?  If not can you try from the command line mysql client using the dsn you have?

Thanks,

Graham

• westloft
    westloft
    2010-05-27

I am able to connect from the host that I am attempting the groogle install on.  Is there any logging that I can see what the issue may be?  Thanks so much for your quick response!

• Graham Pitt
    Graham Pitt
    2010-05-27

Hi,

Could you check the following:

- Can you ping the mysql server machine from the groogle machine?
    - Can you telnet to port mysql server machine port 3306 from the groogle machine (mysql tcp listener port)?
    - Can you telnet to port mysql server machine port 3306 from the mysql server machine (i.e. is it listening for tcp connections or using unix sockets)?
    - Is there a firewall running on either host?
    - Do you have selinux enabled on one or the other machines?

Thanks,

Graham