#374 convert failed despite everything seemingly ok

Bug
open
nobody
None
5
2007-02-04
2007-02-04
Harald Kirsch
No

After every encode of a track, I get the message

***convert failed

on the command line several times.

My guess is that it has to do with my changing the encoding of ID3v2 tags to ISO_8859_1. The guess is supported by this snippet from id3.c

/* Always encode pretending it is ascii */
conv_str=g_convert_with_fallback(c_data,strlen(c_data),id3v2_encoding,"utf-8",NULL,&rb,&wb,NULL);

if(!conv_str) {
printf("***convert failed\n");

conv_str=strdup(c_data);
}

I found ISO_8859_1 in the docs somewhere, but a

% grep -i iso .grip*

delivers

.grip:id3_encoding iso8859-1
.grip:id3v2_encoding iso8859-1

Be careful: my guessing could be completely misleading.

Harald.

P.S.: Grip is just right. Whenever I thought it should be able to do this or that, I found the feature already. Great software.

Discussion