Work at SourceForge, help us to make it a better place! We have an immediate need for a Support Technician in our San Francisco or Denver office.

Close

Instal problem with Mac OSX 10.8.2

2013-02-07
2013-03-16
  • Nicholas Heine
    Nicholas Heine
    2013-02-07

Hi,

I am a new grid lab user and Im having trouble installing on Mac OSX 10.8.2.  After downloading, I open the installer and let it run, but then I cant find gridlab on the computer.  I have gridlab running fine on my personal windows machine, but I am having trouble with this Mac.  Also what sort of text editor and compiler should I run?  Are there any installation instructions for mac users?

Thanks
    Nick

• If you are installed V2.3, the default install folder is /usr/lib/gridlabd.  The default command line is "/usr/bin/gridlabd".  Any text editor will do.  I'm on old "vi" guy, but most folks would not recommend using that.

• Nicholas Heine
    Nicholas Heine
    2013-02-19

Thanks,

I was trying to verify that the install went correctly, but when I type "gridlabd -version" in the terminal I get the following message:

WARNING  : /usr/lib/gridlabd/tzinfo.txt(36): timezone spec 'WILDABBR0WILDABBR' not found in 'tzinfo.txt', will include no DST information
    GridLAB-D 3.0.0.2647 Grizzly

What does this mean and do I need to fix it somehow?

Thanks
    Nick

• This is typical of Mac installations where the locale is unknown.  You can give GridLAB-D a hint about your timezone by added the following to your shell startup script (e.g., .profile):

{{{
    export TZ=PST+8PDT
    }}}

or whatever your timezone is.