Work at SourceForge, help us to make it a better place! We have an immediate need for a Support Technician in our San Francisco or Denver office.

Close

Comment on trac ticket

Christoph
2012-05-10
2013-03-16
  • Christoph
    Christoph
    2012-05-10

How can I add a comment/answer to a trac ticket that I've created?

• Nathan Tenney
    Nathan Tenney
    2012-05-11

Below the "Change History" section of the ticket is a comment form.  You can put your comments in there, then click "Submit Changes" at the bottom of the page.  I know that it seems a little unintuitive, but that's the way trac operates.

• Nathan Tenney
    Nathan Tenney
    2012-05-14

You must be logged into sourceforge to see the form.  The change history section is not at the bottom of the page, but follows immediately after the description of the issue.  The comment entry box follows immediately after the change history.  Another form follows the comment box, and the button to submit is after that form.  If you are not logged in, the form will look like this.  If you are logged in, the form will look like this.

• Christoph
    Christoph
    2012-05-14

Thanks for your reply. Of course. I am logged in. I also tried it with a different a browser. But it still looks like your first picture.

• Nathan Tenney
    Nathan Tenney
    2012-05-15

I've modified the TRAC permissions.  You should be able to comment on your ticket now.

• Christoph
    Christoph
    2012-05-16

Thanks. Were able to reply now but why doesn't this work from the beginning? Before I wasn't also able to attach a file which is mostly essential when reporting Gridlab-d bugs.

• Nathan Tenney
    Nathan Tenney
    2012-05-16

The default permissions granted to authenticated users by Trac prevents commenting.  We didn't realize it until you raised this issue.  Thanks for bringing it to our attention.

• Christoph
    Christoph
    2012-05-17

Okay. Thanks natet!