Problem with plugins

Help
2004-07-08
2004-07-20
  • Hello Developer

As you know I am customizing the Greenstone[From above 2 threads] I am facing another problem and that involves plugins. No plugins for .doc, .ppt, .rtf works on linux platforms. The same .doc, .ppt worked in windows but not on Linux.

The error as it shows in expert mode is written in file.log as
    WordPlug failed to convert to HTML
    and for rtf it gives file is too recent.

Thanks
    -Shabbir Bhimani

• John McPherson
      John McPherson
      2004-07-09

"and for rtf it gives file is too recent."

That normally means that the rtftohtml converter couldn't extract any text, most likely because the file uses a newer version of the rtf standard and the converter didn't understand the tags.

The plugins should work the same on both windows and linux. Are you sure the problem isn't somewhere else, such as XML/Expat problems under linux?

Your previous messages showed this problem, are you sure you have fixed it?

See http://www.greenstone.org/cgi-bin/library?p=faqbuild#33

• That normally means that the rtftohtml converter couldn't extract any text, most likely because the file uses a newer version of the rtf standard and the converter didn't understand the tags.

I have uninstalled Green stone and installed it again and before creating new collection I just installed the XML :: Parser and so all expat errors that were occuring when I mailled you before has all been sorted out. So I dont think there is any error with Expat.

If you can give me your mail address I can attach the rtf and doc files that are causing problem

Doc is ok in windows but problem in linux
      rtf causes problem in both the platform.

Thanks
      -Shabbir

• Katherine Don
        Katherine Don
        2004-07-20

Please join the greenstone users mailing list (at https://list.scms.waikato.ac.nz/mailman/listinfo/greenstone-users
        )

You can ask your question there, and also send the problem document.

Have you tried using a newer version of wvWare and/or rtftohtml?