Help
cv55
2007-11-20
2013-01-20
  • cv55
    cv55
    2007-11-20

Hi,

First of all: Thank you for your great tool!

It's not really a cry for help, but an irritation: After making a Sc/GreenShot, and when closing the image editor, there appears and remains a task bar item "FlashlightForm" (seems to be a .NET class); it has no GUI - so I can't restore or close it via the context menu, only kill it with the task manager... And: this seems to happen only during the first 'shot' after booting the system - the item disappears with the 2nd one, and remains gone.

Should I worry about that? I dont't think so. Perhaps it is an effect of complex display configuration (virtual desks etc)?

volker.

• Jens Klingen
      Jens Klingen
      2007-11-21

Hi Volker,

thanks for the feedback...
      So far I have not been able to reproduce this behaviour, but I will have a closer look at the code to see what could be causing this on your system or whether it can possibly be prevented by doing some changes. (If anyone else encounters this, please tell us - thanks.)

In the meantime, there's no need to worry: the FlashlightForm is just the visual effect imitating a flashlight after doing a screenshot - there is no activity at all besides that, so it does not eat RAM or CPU or anything like that.
      If you feel annoyed by this, deactivating the flashlight in the settings dialog should stop this behaviour for now.
      However, I will check the code and see what can be done.

Thanks a lot :)
      Jens

• Jens Klingen
      Jens Klingen
      2007-11-22

Hi again,

Still could not reproduce this - but I have made a small change to the code which should prevent this from happening - with the next build, the problem should be fixed.
      Until then, I hope that ignoring the issue or deactivating the flashlight effect is okay for you.

Thank you.
      Jens