Menu

Configure Confluence plugin?

Anonymous
2013-01-06
2013-01-20
  • Anonymous

Anonymous - 2013-01-06

How do I configure the Confluence plugin so that I can send screenshots to Confluence?

• Robin Krom

Robin Krom - 2013-01-06

Hi, it depends on the confluence installation.
    I know, we don't have much documentation, so lets see how we can go through this together.

First, the configuration can be found via the settings. Go to the plugin tab, select the confluence plugin and press the configure button.

• Robin Krom

Robin Krom - 2013-01-06

You'll need to know the URL of your confluence system, and have the SOAP interface activated (your confluence admin should be able to help).

If you configure the correct URL in Greenshot you'll need to restart Greenshot.
    Now you can select confluence as a destination and Greenshot will ask for your confluence credentials,
    If everything worked, you will get an upload window where you can search/browse to find the page you want to upload the screenshot to, it will be an attachment.

For quick access Greenshot will, if you logged in once, read the current URLs from the Internet Explorer or the current URL from firefox and if this is a confluence page it will be available as a direct destination in the destination picker or the Confluence upload button dropdown items.

I hope this helps?

• Frank

Frank - 2013-01-08

The Confluence admin said that it appears that Soap is enabled. The local server is at an internal address of http://server-3:8090.

On that basis, what would be the correct URL to use in the configuration of the plugin?

If I try http://server-3:8090, I get a login dialog that looks like a Windows login dialog, which does not seem right.

We have Confluence 4.0.3.

Regards,

• Robin Krom

Robin Krom - 2013-01-08

That actually sounds correct, we use the Windows credentials dialog to ask and store the username and password inside Windows. You should supply your confluence credentials to login, if everything is setup correctly than the plugin should work.

Let me know if this works!

• Frank

Frank - 2013-01-08

I seem to have it working now. Thanks for the help - I love Greenshot.

(We had to enable SOAP on the Confluence server.)

• Robin Krom

Robin Krom - 2013-01-09

Thank you for reporting back, and good to hear!

Best wishes,
    Robin