Menu

multiple monitor support!

shifuimam
2007-11-14
2013-01-20
  • shifuimam

shifuimam - 2007-11-14

I LOVE this application, and I use it constantly at work when creating software help documentation or sending screenshots of error messages to our application support teams.

However, I'd love if the green boxes could be supported on secondary monitors. It still takes the screenshot correctly, but there's no visual cue to the area that will be captured, whereas the primary monitor shows the green box around the active window, selected area, etc.

Other than that, thank you so much for this app! It's great! :)

• Jens Klingen

Jens Klingen - 2007-11-14

Thanks for the compliment - We are very happy to hear you like Greenshot :)

Good news for you: version 0.5 (which will be released just within the next few days) will feature multi-screen support, along with some other enhancements.

Thanks a lot for feedback :)

• shifuimam

shifuimam - 2007-11-20

I just downloaded 0.5 - I'm loving the multiple monitor support and the new annotation features.

I would be interested in the ability to capture one of the two monitors independently, though. I have two identical displays at home, but at work I use a 1680x1050 external display in addition to the 1280x800 display on my laptop when I'm at my desk, so it'd be great to be able to just take a full screen screenshot of one of the two displays, as well as both as one big screenshot.

I wrote up an entry about Greenshot on a site I'm writing for, and I thought the developers might be interested:

http://abettergeek.com/?p=8

Thanks again for all your work - this application is great!

• David G

David G - 2008-12-28

I'm playing around with version 0.6.002 and there doesn't appear to be support for multiple monitors.

Did it break?

• Fls'Zen

Fls'Zen - 2009-01-02

I'm using 6.002 and it seems to work fine. What is the layout of your multiple monitors?

• David G

David G - 2009-01-03

Not sure what you mean 'layout' ... I've got a laptop and stand alone monitor (attached to dock).  Standard windows dual monitor setup, although I'm using ultramon to manage the monitors.

• Jens Klingen

Jens Klingen - 2007-11-21

Of course, the possibility to capture one of multiple screens is a very reasonable thing to ask for - thanks for pointing this out. I have just added a new feature request tracker item for this:
      http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=1835671&group_id=191585&atid=937975

Also, thanks for your great review - of course we are interested in this :)
      Sorry for the bad timing - releasing 0.5 just a few days after you wrote this... argh ;-)

Thanks a lot :)