Work at SourceForge, help us to make it a better place! We have an immediate need for a Support Technician in our San Francisco or Denver office.

Close

How to uninstall

hhhoagie
2008-06-19
2013-01-20
  • hhhoagie
    hhhoagie
    2008-06-19

how do I go about uninstalling greenshot?

• Jens Klingen
      Jens Klingen
      2008-06-20

That's quite easy: delete the program folder.

If you want to get rid of your Greenshot settings file as well, remove the Greenshot folder in your application data directory.

Depending on your Greenshot settings, there might be a link in your autostart folder and/or on your desktop.

No files apart from those, no registry entries.

BTW: The upcoming version will feature an installer plus uninstaller.

• hhhoagie
      hhhoagie
      2008-06-20

Thanks for your quick response.
      I tried to delete the program folder and it all wouldn't delete.
      Left remaining was the greenshot.exe and the Interop.IWshRuntimeLibrary.dll
      Now since I read your post the two files deleted fine.

I will be looking for the new version.  I think something went wrong with my install.
      Thanks for the response Jens

• Jens Klingen
        Jens Klingen
        2008-06-23

Hmmm - maybe Greenshot was still running in the background when you tried to delete it?

Please let us know in case you have ongoing problems.

Thanks!

• hhhoagie
      hhhoagie
      2008-06-25

Jens, I think you were right that I had greenshot running in the background.  It finnally un-installed and I have sense re-installed it and am using it.  I understand it better now and it is a fine application.  Thanks

• Jens Klingen
      Jens Klingen
      2008-06-25

Hey, great to hear things worked out for you :)
      As I said, installation and removal of Greenshot will be a lot more user-friendly soon (when release 0.7 is out)