After screen capture, close button doesn't close shot or editor

2013-01-22
2013-01-22
  • Brittney Smith
    Brittney Smith
    2013-01-22

In latest portable 1.1-2437 64bit, Vista - in a normal "capture region", if GS is set to send it to editor, it opens & the Close button on top toolbar becomes active. No editing has been done, yet.

EDIT: I see now the red circle on toolbar is "Delete," not Close. So, until some editing is done on a shot, there's nothing to delete, so maybe shouldn't turn red right after screenshot.

Thanks.

Last edit: Brittney Smith 2013-01-22
    • Jens Klingen
      Jens Klingen
      2013-01-22

The Delete button (along with some others) gets enabled as soon as there's an element selected.
      If you say it's enabled right after opening the editor, I assume that you have captured the mouse pointer? It is a handy feature of Greenshot that the mousepointer can still be moved (or removed) after taking the screenshot. If you deselect or remove it, the Delete button is disabled again.

But we need to change the icon, thanks for pointing this out. A trashcan would be better recognizable.

Thanks for your feedback,
      Jens

• Brittney Smith
    Brittney Smith
    2013-01-22

No, no elements are selected nor cursor captured. As ultimate test, captured blank area of my desktop - plain colored background w/ no images, icons, text. Close button is still activated immediately (using the printscreen for capture (selected) region.

I only have it set to open capture in editor. No other - open in Thunderbird, etc.
    Don't think it'd make a difference, but have default Output image format set = jpg.

Many users are used to seeing many capture prgms call it "capture selected region" when use cursor to drag a rectangle to capture.

• Jens Klingen
      Jens Klingen
      2013-01-22

My bad... I have not been testing with the very latest unstable.
      Could reproduce the issue now... this is definitely a new problem, thanks for letting us know, we'll fix that