1.0.0 Build 1852 = no auto-save = useless now

2012-05-16
2013-01-20
  • Paddy Malcolm
    Paddy Malcolm
    2012-05-16

It seems that 1852 will not save screenshots automatically to a pre-specified folder like previous builds did.  If you are going to ditch essential functions, then please do not keep nagging me to upgrade to new versions.  This is the second time I've accepted your invitation (via nag message) to update, I shall never do it again.

I am so very, very cross!  Now I have to uninstall on 2 laptops and reinstall an old version, just to do basic screenshots.

And another thing!  Greenshot loses its settings at every reboot and the preferences have to be reset.

Cross cross cross!

Keep up the good work ;-)

• Robin Krom
    Robin Krom
    2012-05-16

Hi,

sorry for the inconveniance, the problem with the settings are a bug which should be solved with the 1855!!

This should most likely fix the problem with saving, but I am not 100% sure if you and I are talking about something else… I just checked, if the "save" destination is selected this works as designed (and as it was working before), there might be a problem that your configuration is lost due to the bug in 1852!  We are not ditching essental functions, don't worry, if something doesn't work we made either a bug or we didn't think it would influence someone! Just let us know and we fix this!! ;-)

The reason why you are getting the "nag" messages is that you were using a "not official" released version of Greenshot, the latest official release is 0.8.0.627, any newer version will automatically inform you of updates when we upload a new version (even if these versions are untested). You should be able to turn of the "nag messages" in the settings by changing the update check to "0".

I still hope you are willing to test with the 1.0.0.1855 as we really made a lot of nice changes, unless you only use Greenshot to capture and write to a default folder… than there will only be minor changes and it might be better for you to wait for the official release.

Best wishes,
    Robin

• Anonymous
    2012-05-16

I am on 1855 and automatically saving to pre-specified folder works fine to me.

• Wichtel
    Wichtel
    2012-05-16

but each unstable release update seems to forget the path…

• Robin Krom
    Robin Krom
    2012-05-16

Does it? With 1855 and later this should be fixed…
    Will upload another later today (or tomorrow) where we fix a problem with the installer… so you can test again…

• Anonymous
    2012-05-16

Not really! With me, settings of 0.8 series carried forward to 1852 and 1855 as expected. I am on windows 7 enterprise 64 bit.

• Paddy Malcolm
    Paddy Malcolm
    2012-05-17

apex75 - How careless I have been!  I didn't see the settings in their new location.  I grovel before you and have downloaded 1855 now, which I shall install on all my 3 laptops.  I would make very frequent use of PHOTOBUCKET uploader if you could incorporate that - I see you have Flickr, Picasa, etc.

(I have a very good Photobucket uploader add-on for Firefox but wouldn't need to change browsers if my dear Greenshot would do it for me.)

I do apologise for the false alarm and thank you for such a quick reply.

• Robin Krom
    Robin Krom
    2012-09-30

Hi,

I spent two weeks writing the Photobucket plug-in, as they no longer have there developer forum open.
    Just got it working last week, and shortly thereafter they finally replied…

Anyway as I already wrote you in an email, Photobucket has an upload limit which we might hit with Greenshot. If we hit this limit, we will get a lot of complaints on something we can't control. I asked Photobucket if it's possible to change this limit, this is possible but only with a commercial license. As we have no plans on paying licenses for a freeware product, we need to make the decision that there will be no Photobucket plugin for Greenshot.

Best wishes,
    Robin

• Terry Foster
    Terry Foster
    2012-10-23

Is is possible to add this plugin to a wordpress site like this Test na inteligencje

• Robin Krom
    Robin Krom
    2012-10-23

Wordpress? Not that I know, but I might be wrong though. And I would rather say "not YET"
    Let's ask Jens to have a look at it, he is our Wordpress expert!

• Paddy Malcolm
    Paddy Malcolm
    2012-10-23

Robin, I hope you got my very delayed email re PHOTOBUCKET - I forwarded you their info about major changes, which I fear may make all your hard work redundant :-(  Is this statement particularly relevant?

"Now that you can automatically upload with Photobucket Desktop, we will not be supporting FTP uploads on the new site."

x

• Robin Krom
    Robin Krom
    2012-10-23

Hi,

Yeah, got it. Sorry about not responding, I do have a normal job & live besides Greenshot and both were keeping me busy.
    The Photobucket changes will not influence the API usage, still need to finish the prototype to work with different users, as it's currently fixed on my "Album" name.

I'll try to make it available in the near future.

Best wishes,
    Robin

• Paddy Malcolm
    Paddy Malcolm
    2012-10-23

Oops, I hope you don't think I was pestering :o  I have a guilty conscience because I kept you waiting so long!  Thank you for EVERYTHING, especially Greenshot, which I adore ;-)

• Robin Krom
    Robin Krom
    2012-10-24

What? No! We keep things easy, developing Greenshot should be fun and no stress. Although we never expected so many people to use it… ;-)

And I wasn't waiting for anything from you, as long you don't wait for your Photobucket plugin, it comes when I have time…

Best wishes,
    Robin